Friedman BE50 based build

Marshall Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

patricef

Re: Friedman BE50 based build

Post by patricef »

dbeasley wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:44 pm I can't take credit for the schemo. That's the culmination of lots of hard work from a fellow named Patrice on SLOclone forum.BE50 Deluxe V1.5.jpg
It was a collective work, other people have checked the schematic for mistakes, checked values, etc...This said, nice build !
Pierre

Post by Pierre »

This looks like a really great build. What do relays 3&4 accomplish looking at the be50 deluxe schematic? Also, if one was to build a slightly stripped down version, what could be left out and what would be essential? I'm looking for a project for a 50w Marshall transformer set and this seems like a good candidate. I'd love to hear opinions please. Thanks,
Pierre G
AxelKay

Post by AxelKay »

Layout available? Would be a very interesting build!!!
EDIT: seriously, I'm so into this. If any of you guys have successfully built it, share your thoughts!
And as mentioned earlier, a layout would be lovely!
Cheers :D
AxelKay

Post by AxelKay »

@dbeasley could you please share the layout for the be 50 deluxe?
I just got back into building after a long hiatus and the sloclone forum has disappeared!
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

I just logged in fine (I'd never registered until today but it worked fine for me).

Why do you say it's 'gone'?

www.slocloneforums.com

There are 'no forums' if you're not logged in. Once you login they are there.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
beasleybodyshop

Post by beasleybodyshop »

Wow It's been a while since I've been on TAG and didn't see all the other comments on this thread.

I've since finished this amp some time ago and it does sound fantastic. Patrice and the other fine folks over at SLO clone (i think?) did an outstanding job confirming the schematic. As far as I'm concerned its a modern classic. I am but a mere solder jockey with some basic layout and tracing skills :lol:

Biggest reason the Master Volume on this amp works so well is it's actually operating like a 500K master - the two 1M master volume controls are in parallel = 500K. Or at least that's my take on why it works so well at low volumes.

I do have a layout somewhere on my PC, maybe i'll dig it out and share. I didn't want to do that until I could confirm that it does work. Then again, I recall my layout actually having some errors and never got around to correcting them. Just as well. I'm sure Nik at Ceriatone would just clone it ;)

Hands down my favorite Marshall style amp ever. It's the only Marshall style amp I have now.
"It's like what Lenin said... you look for the person who will benefit, and, uh, uh..."
bal704

Post by bal704 »

On the Sloclone forum, where is the layout for the BE-50?
beasleybodyshop

Lol there WAS NO LAYOUT. I literally had to draw one based on the schematic and gutshots of BE100s/BE50s, then audit that against the confirmed schematic.

My build was not a paint by numbers off a layout - But I'm sure someone got around to posting one if you dig around for it.
"It's like what Lenin said... you look for the person who will benefit, and, uh, uh..."
beasleybodyshop

Update:

I finished this build last year, but I never got around to showing any of the good pics (gut shots, etc) so here is what I dug up on my PC.

This is an awesome sounding amp. I was so pleased with the way it turned out. Once again, all the credit goes to the folks over at the SLO forum for sussing out the circuit. This remains my favorite modded marshall tone ever. Truly a modern classic.
beasleybodyshop

For the life of me, I can't get any of the photos to post here on TAG so i loaded one onto Flickr:

https://flic.kr/p/2hJKwKk

Here is a the gut shot of the Friedman based thing I built.
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

beasleybodyshop wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:45 pm For the life of me, I can't get any of the photos to post here on TAG so i loaded one onto Flickr:

What kind of errors are you getting? I just posted one yesterday with no problems?

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
beasleybodyshop

pompeiisneaks wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:40 pm
beasleybodyshop wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:45 pm For the life of me, I can't get any of the photos to post here on TAG so i loaded one onto Flickr:

What kind of errors are you getting? I just posted one yesterday with no problems?

~Phil
Every time i try to attach a photo, it shows an error in the Status box and says "It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image. Please verify that the URL you entered is correct."
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

You're trying to use the 'image' link above the edit window. That's to link to an external image. To upload images, you have to click the 'attachments' tab below where you see the 'Save draft', 'Preview', 'Submit'

buttons and then click the 'add files' button and follow the directions. You can just attach the images and they'll show up at the bottom of the link or you can click the 'place inline' link in the attachments area and it will post some text in the text area with the 'link' to the image so you could have it 'inilne'

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
beasleybodyshop

That is exactly what I try to do:

Attachments -> Add Files -> and when i add the file, the status bar to the right begins to fill up and always ends with an exclamation mark inside a yellow triangle. Whenever I click on that, it tells me the "It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image. Please verify that the URL you entered is correct." error.
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

oh then maybe it's having a hard time determining what kind of file you're uploading? What are the file type? Jpg? Png? Gif?

If you could send the raw files to me via email I can try?

pdavis at daviszone dot org.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!