Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

martin manning

Re: Friedman BE50 based build

Post by martin manning »

Thanks, Mark!
valveandsound

Post by valveandsound »

Here is the 50W Deluxe version. Note that it has several differences from the 100W Schematic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

Great! Thanks Dustin.
dbeasley

Post by dbeasley »

No problem Martin. I sent that one from my PC so should be legible.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Rockwell666

Post by Rockwell666 »

I have to say the friedman BE-100 is such an amazing amp. It has a very generic but rich gain that covers a surprisingly amount of ground. I built a clone of the BE channel with an all tube effects loop. Super fun to play with. I look forward to hearing the final clips!
This deluxe looks close to the BE-100 prob not quite as high gain as the HBE channel.
dbeasley

Post by dbeasley »

Rockwell666 wrote:I have to say the friedman BE-100 is such an amazing amp. It has a very generic but rich gain that covers a surprisingly amount of ground. I built a clone of the BE channel with an all tube effects loop. Super fun to play with. I look forward to hearing the final clips!
This deluxe looks close to the BE-100 prob not quite as high gain as the HBE channel.
From a careful study of the BE50 schematic, I feel like its the next design move up from the BE100. Clean channel is great by itself. Masters and gain controls for both BE and HBE channels make it more flexible. Plus the voicing tweaks and power supply tweaks make it a more responsive amp to pick attack.

Rockwell666

Post by Rockwell666 »

dbeasley wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:46 am
Rockwell666 wrote:I have to say the friedman BE-100 is such an amazing amp. It has a very generic but rich gain that covers a surprisingly amount of ground. I built a clone of the BE channel with an all tube effects loop. Super fun to play with. I look forward to hearing the final clips!
From a careful study of the BE50 schematic, I feel like its the next design move up from the BE100. Clean channel is great by itself. Masters and gain controls for both BE and HBE channels make it more flexible. Plus the voicing tweaks and power supply tweaks make it a more responsive amp to pick attack.

it is forsure a design step up. esp with dual gains and masters. I noticed the voicing switching/Voltage dividers are alittle different and the front end of HBE is different but overall looks to be more versatile. I love that classic rock mid gain these have/. Had an early eyelet be-100 come thru the shop and marveled at the layout :-)
xtian

Post by xtian »

Update on this, Dustin?
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
lovetone

Post by lovetone »

Just wondering if anyone has seen the BE100 deluxe schematic?
brejna

Post by brejna »

I think It is almoust same as everything before he did. Instead clean channel just make plexi channel and that is it. Rest is well known.. So called master volume (fx loop return pot) is now on the front panel, responce is switch instead pot (probably cameron values)..
Or you can start with SB50 and add hbe boost, where plexi has iit's own eq and be and hbe shared eq, add sat switch, gain structure, fat, voice and so on..

Poslano sa mog Redmi Note 6 Pro koristeći Tapatalk

lovetone

Post by lovetone »

Hey thanks for the reply, I'll look at that.
GuitMoto

Post by GuitMoto »

brejna wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:39 pm I think It is almoust same as everything before he did. Instead clean channel just make plexi channel and that is it. Rest is well known.. So called master volume (fx loop return pot) is now on the front panel, responce is switch instead pot (probably cameron values)..
Or you can start with SB50 and add hbe boost, where plexi has iit's own eq and be and hbe shared eq, add sat switch, gain structure, fat, voice and so on..

Poslano sa mog Redmi Note 6 Pro koristeći Tapatalk
Hi, I am new here and a big Friedman fan. Very cool build! I was always curious why the Friedmans sounded so good at low volume? Is it true what is quoted above that the master volume is really just a fx loop return (volume) that controls the output? Maybe someone on here can give me a crash course on why Friedmans sound the way they do. I would love to build my own variation of these amps.

Thanks
igorhonorato

Post by igorhonorato »

I just cant see any schematic at all
patricef

Post by patricef »

lovetone wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:03 am Just wondering if anyone has seen the BE100 deluxe schematic?
That amp is not out yet.
patricef

Post by patricef »

dbeasley wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:44 pm I can't take credit for the schemo. That's the culmination of lots of hard work from a fellow named Patrice on SLOclone forum.BE50 Deluxe V1.5.jpg
It was a collective work, other people have checked the schematic for mistakes, checked values, etc...