Prepare yourselves for a dumb question!

Fender Amp Discussion

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Negativecenterpin

Prepare yourselves for a dumb question!

Post by Negativecenterpin »

Gents,

Now, as all in the know, I’m aware of the kits from the bibs and the bobs out there for the Fender HRDlx series; and the reliability and sound quality issues are WELL known.

My question, is there any among you, who would have any interest in one of these pariahs that not only had all the lazy engineering technical faults remedied, but one that also had all the lazy sound engineering faults solved?

Meaning one that made you re-think the possibilities that lie in this much maligned circuit? One you can use the EQ? One you can use the Reverb? And dare I say…one that the Overdrive channel sounds damned good, and you can USE it?

…and its not an aftermarket board…bedroom players go away, lol…

Who wants a sound clip?

Thank you for your time,

-Wade
Dr Tony Balls

Re: Prepare yourselves for a dumb question!

Post by Dr Tony Balls »

One I recently "fixed":

Near-complete gut job, kept the existing iron and chassis. Replaced the circuit with a more traditional BF style preamp, with a proper master volume and cathode biased 6L6 output stage.
I build effects and amps and do custom builds to order. Boom.
Site: http://ballseffects.com/
Negativecenterpin

Post by Negativecenterpin »

Nice! Really opened up the space! :) Gotta admit, looks a heck of a lot more comfortable and my OCD isn’t nearly as triggered! Cathode biased, sweet as well. Any plans to make a bird bath or satellite dish with the speaker?
Basslice

Post by Basslice »

Dr T.

That be damn guut. Ya maaaan!