Anyone else having issues with the board?

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

martin manning

Anyone else having issues with the board?

Post by martin manning »

I can't get "Board index" or "New posts" to show any content. Only "Your Posts", "Unread posts", and “Unanswered topics” work. I've tried deleting cookies, relaunch, restart; no luck. Safari browser.

It’s a little better on my phone, “Board Index” works.
sluckey

Re: Anyone else having issues with the board?

Post by sluckey »

martin manning wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 4:54 pm I can't get "Board index" or "New posts" to show any content. Only "Your Posts" and "Unread posts" work. I've tried deleting cookies, relaunch, restart; no luck. Safari browser.
I have a similar issue. My MS Edge favorites link to the forum takes me directly to "Unread posts". About two weeks ago it failed. All other Quick Links on the forum worked, but not "Unread posts". I messed around a bit and finally got to the unread posts page. I noticed the url was different from the url on my favorites bar in Edge, so I made a new favorites link. Been working ever since. However, I still cannot get to unread posts by using the "Quick Links" menu at the top of the page.

This is what I get when using the Quick Links menu...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sluckey

Post by sluckey »

... and this I what I get when using my new favorites link. This is correct.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

Same result here, but for me it's "New posts" that gets it. I thought cookies or something in my browser, but no dice.
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

Ok, looks like Clear History in the browser fixed it. At least I can get "New posts" to show activity, and "Board Index" works on my MacBook and phone browsers.
didit

Post by didit »

I have experienced similar. Details differ depending on the device/app and I've lacked time/patience to diagnose.

erwin_ve

Post by erwin_ve »

Right now ampgarage.com is extremely slow/ not responding. I tried to answer some PM, after half an hour I gave up.
This is showing up when answering a PM:
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

erwin_ve wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 9:32 am Right now ampgarage.com is extremely slow/ not responding. I tried to answer some PM, after half an hour I gave up.
That's the same error I was seeing when trying to view "New posts". Clearing the browser history fixed it. I just successfully sent and replied to a PM to myself. The PM's came back quickly, but the response loading pages has been slow for a few days.
Last edited by martin manning on Fri May 10, 2024 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
erwin_ve

Post by erwin_ve »

martin manning wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 10:03 am
erwin_ve wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 9:32 am Right now ampgarage.com is extremely slow/ not responding. I tried to answer some PM, after half an hour I gave up.
That's the same error I was seeing when trying to view "New posts". Clearing the browser history fixed it. I just successfully sent a PM to myself and then replied to it. The PM's came back quickly, but the response loading pages has been slow for a few days.
Thanks Martin! Yes that did the trick, it still is slow at least I can answer the PM. Strange thing it happened to my mobile as well.
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

erwin_ve wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 10:08 amStrange thing it happened to my mobile as well.
Same here.
johnnyreece

Post by johnnyreece »

martin manning wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 10:09 am
erwin_ve wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 10:08 amStrange thing it happened to my mobile as well.
Same here.
Same. Glad to know it's not just me.