Thinking about moving south

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Shrimp boat captain or window shutters?

Shrimp boat captain
53%
Window shutters
35%
Stay home and try to out ass hole the Yankees
12%

Total votes: 17

TUBEDUDE

Re: Thinking about moving south

Post by TUBEDUDE »

To let the flavor out?
We call that soup.
Tube junkie that aspires to become a tri-state bidirectional buss driver.
cbass

Post by cbass »

I think things are gonna work out pretty favorable. I'm still getting out of this place soon but I got some business to take care of before I roll.
cbass

Post by cbass »

I am really sorry about the crazy posts. Honestly I really look up to you guys. You're all a lot s wiser than I am. I guess I'd just like someone to tell me if I'm right or wrong or just stupid.
sluckey

Post by sluckey »

Hey Forest. Shrimp Boat captain in Bayou La Batre ain't a glamorous life! Except in Hollywood. Plus, you'll need to learn to speak Vietnamese.
cbass

Post by cbass »

sluckey wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:03 am Hey Forest. Shrimp Boat captain in Bayou La Batre ain't a glamorous life! Except in Hollywood. Plus, you'll need to learn to speak Vietnamese.
Lmao 🤣. I think I could drive a shrimp boat pretty good. I've never really been out on the ocean but I've drove a lot of kayaks and canoes in the creeks here and I almost never hit the rocks.
Actually we've been looking at places in the fairhope area. It seems like a really nice place. Id probably like someplace more rural but my wife likes it a lot there. I think I could adapt pretty easy.
sluckey

Post by sluckey »

Yep. All the snowbirds love Fairhope. In the late '80s and early '90s my wife and I spent most of our free time cat sailing and windsurfing at the Fairhope pier. Shrimp boats not allowed on the eastern shore. :mrgreen:
cbass

Post by cbass »

Snowbird? I think I take offense to that 🤔 I'm a rebel I'm fuckin wild. As long as my wife says it's ok
sluckey

Post by sluckey »

Not calling you a snowbird. Just saying Fairhope has a lot of them. It's not typical of south Alabama culture.
cbass

Post by cbass »

Lol I'm totally kidding I don't even know what a snowbird is.

Edited for stupid comment. Sure wish i could do that in real life
cbass

Post by cbass »

We don't want to be snowbirds. We're country folk. I think we want to be further inland.with at least 5 acres or more Sure as hell aint doing no HOAs
Preferably with some gators on it for rasslin'. I seen a lot of fantastic places just searching real estate. I'd like to be close enough to the rich folks to work on their houses but I don't want to live by them.
There's not a house construction union or any of that crap down there? I hope. I'm a solo artist.
What's the deal with the west side of the bay? Is it just more industrial or swampy?
Is bay Minette a nice place?
Thanks for clueing us in.
Last edited by cbass on Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sluckey

Post by sluckey »

Sounds like you need to be searching in the Bay Minette or Stockton area. Only 15 minutes north of Daphne or gator country. Not gonna find 10 acres on the Eastern Shore. Mobile is on the western shore. It's a port city and the Mobile River and ship channel run on the western shore. Lot of industry along the western shore all the way up the Mobile River to Jackson (about 50 miles). Eastern shore is too shallow for ships.

Residential construction is mostly done by small businesses. No unions. Plenty of new construction going on. Should be easy to find work and make a decent living once established. Lot of word-of-mouth advertising.

Fairhope is really a nice place but a country boy that likes the Iron Skillet may not want to live there. Just get a place within an hour's drive and take the wife to the Grand Hotel for a weekend getaway. Better yet, make it a gift for her, complete with spa treatment, and you go fishing or gator hunting in the Delta. :lol:

Here's what Wikipedia has to say about Fairhope...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairhope,_Alabama
cbass

Post by cbass »

I literally just edited My post to ask about bay Minette .
Thanks I really appreciate.
cbass

Post by cbass »

Sluckey I can't begin to tell you how grateful iam you've been a tremendous help. I'm sorry to keep pestering you but do you have any thoughts on investing money in vacation rentals or home rentals? I know a good deal about managing rental properties. Just not down there.

I showed my wife what you said about fairhope. She'd rather go gator hunting. Than the spa. Women hunt where im from. Theres 10yo little girls that can smoke a buck from three hundred yards here.
sluckey

Post by sluckey »

Never had any interest in rental property and don't know anything about rentals in the area.
cbass

Post by cbass »

I don t really have any interest in rentals either but I've never found anything better to invest money in. It's certainly not hassle free but I figure vacation rentals will be a lot less hassle than home rentals. I'd probably just use a property management company and never even set foot in the place. Anyway thanks so much.

I can't wait to leave this place.I've been looking at this place with rose colored glasses. Ive pissed off the one of the richest guys in town. But I draw a line somewhere and once its crossed theres no turnin back. . I can't even began to explain what this week has been like. These idiots still think a CM is gonna do a public housing contract right by the school and his shop is right next to an indoor batting cage. If he bails out hes not allowed to be around children period and will be constantly monitored.the project had already started they'll be ready for cabinets in couple months. I could probably get the contract myself but then I'd have to get a shop and I'd be stuck here again. I don't think a million bucks is worth it. Sorry I'm rambling again . I know nobody wants to hear about this shit. It's not exactly a pleasant subject