Kluson Users Awareness Campaign!

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Reeltarded

Kluson Users Awareness Campaign!

Post by Reeltarded »

Kluson Supreme tuners weigh a little less than $1.50 in quarters.

It's a seriously useful upgrade. The guitar wakes up. A lot.

Your stickulator manuates the 4th dimension gladlier. Way gladlier! (c) 2021 kluson.com
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Re: Kluson Users Awareness Campaign!

Post by pompeiisneaks »

Miles, did someone forget to get you a refill on coffee? :D

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

.. no?
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
ViperDoc

Post by ViperDoc »

I just ordered some Kluson gold speed knobs for a Kauer Banshee that lost a tone knob during battle. They are quite light as well. Thank the good Lord for junk metal!
Just plug it in, man.
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

OH ok, I looked up kluson.com and it didn't exist, and had never heard of them. Once ViperDoc responded with some hint they existed, I googled and found some at stewmac, so I guess I thought this was another silly non sequitur you like to go on about sometimes ;)

Ignore the inane babbler over here :D

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
rdavy

Post by rdavy »

I believe WD Music owns Kluson now. I agree, they are really nice tuners for the money.
gktamps

Post by gktamps »

You must be pretty young, Phil!
I had a lot of guitars with Klusons.
See:

http://www.guitarhq.com/kluson.html
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

I dunno how young I am, is 51 young? doesn't feel like it. But then again every guitar I've ever owned was build post maybe 1990 :D I started playing back then, and never could afford 'vintage' the oldest one I have is a 1990's model strat with lace sensor pickups and spertzel (sp?) locking tuners. I currently only own several other very new guitars, a 2007 gibson SG, a 2014 tele, and a 2017 epiphone es-339. (oh and a 2018 taylor acoustic). I got some oddly botched gibson monstrosity guitar in trade for a bassman clone I built once, but it was a limited run guitar, ugly as hell, with a shitty tremolo on it that the owner had swapped poorly for a bigsby so i badly converted it to hard tail :D it was the stellar Gibson N-225 Nighthawk: https://gitlab.disney.com/fnd/kmaas-doc ... licts=true

still don't like it much even hard tail.

:D
tUber Nerd!
didit

Post by didit »

Like this -- really like this:
headstock supreme.jpg
Best .. Ian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rooster

Post by rooster »

WD bought the brand as I understand it and the tuner ratios were all stepped up, much like what Grover did recently. 18:1 and 19:1 (new) vs. 14:1 (original) and this is significant to me. I've replaced all my Ping tuners found on Fender and Gibson guitars and enjoy a much better tuning experience. If you're into it, more mass on the headstock can help a guitar and, in fact, Kluson offers a solid metal 19:1 (brass or pot metal, I dunno, but definitely heavier than plastic) 'Keystone' version that far outshines the Ping shite that came on my new-ish Gibson 335. I chose non-locking but they make a locking version, as well. I liked what these did so much I replaced the tuners on my LP Jrs and haven't looked back. Also replaced my factory 14:1 Grovers that are now 18:1 Grovers, on my LP. BTW, I'm pretty sure Grover, which used to stress it's USA manufactered products, is getting these tuners from the same Korean company that is making the current Klusons. Frankly, I just want a tuner that delivers.

The guy at WD to talk to is David, a super super nice guy, and he's in change of the Kluson end of things. As to a better price, maybe shop eBay, but make sure you sort the correct part number. Woah, just taking a look at the WD site, the tuners I bought last April I see that WD actually doesn't sell the set I bought? That you would have to buy another set with plastic Keystone heads and then spend another $12 for the metal heads. Hm.... or then there's this, a great deal IMO:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/291696111306?e ... BM_Jv01b9f
IMG_5177.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Most people stall out when fixing a mistake that they've made. Why?