Awesome Find!!!

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Bryan Cox

Awesome Find!!!

Post by Bryan Cox »

A buddy of mine found these for sale in my area today. It was a whole box of stuff, most I won't keep, for $30. Suffice it to say, the 12AX7 and 12AT7 tubes make it worth it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Reeltarded

Re: Awesome Find!!!

Post by Reeltarded »

the JAN ax7s are great hope those are unused. Good deal. They are super thick envelope and usually as inert as a medium sized chunk of granite.

All sing/No ping
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Bryan Cox

Post by Bryan Cox »

I'm looking forward to using them. And I don't know for sure, but the appear to be unused.
Phil_S

Post by Phil_S »

Excellent find! This happens every now and then. We all deserve a find like this. Regrettably, we don't all get one.

I see you also got a 6X4 rectifier. If you build something a little off the beaten path, this is a decent tube. Spec says it is good for 325-0-325, 70ma, Cout=40u. Filament needs 6.3v @ 0.6A. I think it would work nicely with something Fender Champ-ish.
Bryan Cox

Post by Bryan Cox »

Thank you for the info, Phil! I am planning for my first amp build to be something Fender Champ-ish after my transition back to civilian life is complete. I literally know almost nothing about tube specs so that's something I hope to gain as I'm building. Thanks, again!

Bryan
Phil_S

Post by Phil_S »

Here is a very handy tool for tube specs. The website is a bit dated, however, the tube data sheets are considerably older by decades, so the app is just fine. As far as I know, this is a safe d/l, but remember, anything you d/l is at your own discretion and judgment. There is also an online version of it.
http://www.duncanamps.com/tdslpe/
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

Another (and probably the best) place for tube data sheets: http://www.tubedata.org
Bryan Cox

Post by Bryan Cox »

Phil/Martin,

Thank you so much for the info! I really appreciate it.