Hello !!!

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

don

Hello !!!

Post by don »

Just wanted to say hello..noobie here (been lurking for a while since I heard the comparo clips bet the ceriatone and trainwreck....assembled and housed my ceriatone....many thanks to allynmey for all the help !! .... already fired it up ! paired it w/ a marshall 4-12 cab (g1265 speakers)...what can i say.....great sounding amp, real touchy and responsive....will need to take a new learning curve on how to use it as compared to a jcm800...you guys have a great site and I will learn a lot from it!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
titanicslim

Re: Hello !!!

Post by titanicslim »

Nice job, Don, and Welcome!

Dave
The denunciation of the young is a necessary part of the hygiene of older people, and greatly assists in the circulation of the blood. - Logan Pearsall Smith (1865 - 1946)
Allynmey
Site Admin

Post by Allynmey »

Sweet looking amp Don!!! :D
UR12

Post by UR12 »

Don

Looks nice! Welcome aboard
novosibir

Post by novosibir »

Wo-ho! From where did you get this nice head case?

Larry
Larry's Website now with included Pix's Gallery
don

Post by don »

thanks guys...i had someone build the head for me ( I supplied the maple) and I finished it up w/ dye and lacquer....it has a lot of goof ups on closer inspection but can't complain at all .....only thing left is a choice of the faceplate and knobs ( was thinking of ebony or cherry w/ chicken head knobs )
UR12

Post by UR12 »

don wrote:thanks guys...i had someone build the head for me ( I supplied the maple) and I finished it up w/ dye and lacquer....it has a lot of goof ups on closer inspection but can't complain at all .....only thing left is a choice of the faceplate and knobs ( was thinking of ebony or cherry w/ chicken head knobs )
Well it's just an awesome cab!. You might have a little clearance problem with the Chicken heads as the pots might be to close together to use them.
juse

Post by juse »

That's a nice looking amp you have there. Welcome!
don

Post by don »

some updates....amp has been sorted out via siemens tubes, EI preamps, dana's VVR...as you can see from original post, this is a keeper ( project was started in 2007) ....deserved a new faceplate to go with it...LOTS OF THANKS to everyone who have helped me on this project...Dana Hall, Allyn Meyers and so many others ! Am now on a second express build for a friend, and will be working soon on a rocket clone....Again...I can't thank you guys enough and KUDOS to this great forum
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Big Jim

Post by Big Jim »

Wecome to the forum....The wooden faceplate is way better! Enjoy that amp! Nice build! Gutshots??? :D
Structo

Post by Structo »

Hi Don!

I love hardwood cabs!

Looks great.
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Very nice looking amp, love the figured wood.
don

Post by don »

will post some gutshots when i open the amp again......it is always under constant improvement....one more thing I need to do is change the filter caps to mallorys from the original ceriatone caps....I know it is anal, but what the heck .....using w/ either an older marshall 4-12 w/ g1265s or an avatar 2-12 w/ scumback m75s