Dumble amp tracing/owner tracing?

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Tdale

Dumble amp tracing/owner tracing?

Post by Tdale »

I guess it's impossible, and probably not leagal either, but wouldn't it be gret to track down every single Dumble amp ever made, with technical info on each one, and a list of owner(s) for each one?

I guess some are pretty well known, like the ones Carlton, Ford, Santana etc. owns. But there are still a few hundred amps out there, and some must belong to less known players.

Does anyone have any info like this at all? The photo site has pictures of several amps, many of them with serial numbers...that would be a start..

There should definately be written a book about Dumble, his amps and the owners! :)

tommy
groovtubin

Re: Dumble amp tracing/owner tracing?

Post by groovtubin »

Tdale wrote:I guess it's impossible, and probably not leagal either, but wouldn't it be gret to track down every single Dumble amp ever made, with technical info on each one, and a list of owner(s) for each one?

I guess some are pretty well known, like the ones Carlton, Ford, Santana etc. owns. But there are still a few hundred amps out there, and some must belong to less known players.

Does anyone have any info like this at all? The photo site has pictures of several amps, many of them with serial numbers...that would be a start..

There should definately be written a book about Dumble, his amps and the owners! :)

tommy
Tommy, you never cease ta amaze me!! Thats a GREAT idea!! Keep up the creativity chap! jim@Omegaamps.com
CaseyJones

Post by CaseyJones »

If you had some really cool and expensive gear how would you feel if every thieving scumbag out there could find you on a list somewhere?!
Tdale

Post by Tdale »

Well, we all know that Robben Ford, Larry Carlton, Carlos Santana has one, so it's not exactely a secret who owns Dumbles.

Other owners would of course have to choose if they wanted to be on such a list. Also, their actual name and address would not need to be mentioned. More like "owner lives in California" or something like that.

But just to make you happy, I'll just forget about it all.

Happy?

Tommy (somewhere in Norway)