The Amp Garage Wiki

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Omar

The Amp Garage Wiki

Post by Omar »

With inspiration from Wikipedia, I have created the Amp Garage Wiki - http://wiki.ampgarage.com. My hope is that we can create a repository for all kinds of information related to guitar tube amps.

For those that are not familar with Wikipedia, here is a description from their website:
What is Wikipedia?
Wikipedia is an encyclopedia written collaboratively by many of its readers. It uses a special type of website, called a wiki, that makes collaboration easy. Lots of people are constantly improving Wikipedia, making thousands of changes an hour, all of which are recorded on article histories and recent changes. Inappropriate changes are usually removed quickly, and repeat offenders can be blocked from editing.

How can I help?
Don't be afraid to edit—anyone can edit almost any page, and we encourage you to be bold (but please don't vandalize)! Find something that can be improved, either in content, grammar or formatting, and fix it.

You can't break Wikipedia. Anything can be fixed or improved later. So go ahead, edit an article and help make Wikipedia the best information source on the Internet!
For example, how cool would it be if someone needed info about cathode followers and we had an entry on the Amp Garage Wiki detailing cathode followers to point them to. This could be a great resource for the amp building community.

Currently there is not much info, but hopefully, with your help, that will change!

You must sign up for a seperate account on the Amp Garage Wiki (sorry, but there is no way to link accounts between the board and the wiki :( ). Once you reply to the email verification you will all set to add information.

Please let me know what you guys think!

Omar
Last edited by Omar on Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tone by misadventure
Tdale

Re: The Amp Garage Wiki

Post by Tdale »

Great idea!