Gibson Factory Raided at Gun point

Non-tube amp discussion to discuss music, girls, life, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

SoundPerf

Re: Gibson Factory Raided at Gun point

Post by SoundPerf »

butwhatif wrote:Let's get this country going? -these folks will never let it happen-and don't care. They don't like students, young people, exactly the people they should be empowering-

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/ne ... g-20110830
Oh the horror...citizenship being a requirment to vote....making sure only one vote per person is counted.....and actual living people are doing the voting. Say it isn't so.

The known voting fraud that took place in 2008 was monumental. The only thing Rolling Stone is concerned with is that it might not be able to happen again.
Chris
CHIP

Post by CHIP »

I never have understood this attitude lately. Illegal immigrants deserving the same rights as legal citizens, and sometimes more benefits.
Um... Are people missing the key word here, " illegal".
Just enter the country legally, like my ancestors did, I have no problem with that.
butwhatif

Post by butwhatif »

The 'known' voter fraud of '08?, now you're makin me laugh
NickC

Post by NickC »

butwhatif wrote:Let's get this country going? -these folks will never let it happen-and don't care. They don't like students, young people, exactly the people they should be empowering-

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/ne ... g-20110830

Both sides of the aisle are guilty.
mlp-mx6

Post by mlp-mx6 »

Did you read the article you linked? Do you completely trust the political interpretations of Rolling Stone magazine? Do you believe they are completely impartial and apolitical?
Wife: How many amps do you need?
Me: Just one more...
NickC

Post by NickC »

mlp-mx6 wrote:Did you read the article you linked? Do you completely trust the political interpretations of Rolling Stone magazine? Do you believe they are completely impartial and apolitical?
I stopped reading Rolling Stone when they veered off into movies, celebrities, and politics.

I stopped watching MTV when they veered off into "reality TV", reprobates, and politics.

I stopped my subscription to the local newspaper when they fired the only staff writer that routinely held the status quo to account for their transgressions.

I stopped my affiliations with both major political parties; first the Dems after the travesty that was the Carter Administration (migrated to the GOP during Reagan's 2nd term .... I was scared to death of him when he was first elected .... I was so wrong), and later the GOP when I realized Ronnie was an aberration .... and not the "real" face of the GOP.

My retirement nest-egg was ripped off by the bankruptcy of a corrupt financial house; the feds did nothing to protect me even though they are charged with regulating that industry and safeguarding citizens. The bankruptcy court handed off the mess to another financial house for pennies-on-the-dollar and then allowed them to hit account holders with whopping "start-up" charges that negated any carry-over value. Social Security is a Ponzi scheme that is bankrupt and unreliable. I'm sick with a progressive, incurable condition and 6 years away from the retirement age promised when first entering the social-security system (if I live that long). I'm tired. But I can't retire, ever.

Somebody want to tell me how to stop being fearful of the future the government has designed for my children?
thyx

Post by thyx »

NickC wrote:
mlp-mx6 wrote:Did you read the article you linked? Do you completely trust the political interpretations of Rolling Stone magazine? Do you believe they are completely impartial and apolitical?
I stopped reading Rolling Stone when they veered off into movies, celebrities, and politics.

I stopped watching MTV when they veered off into "reality TV", reprobates, and politics.

I stopped my subscription to the local newspaper when they fired the only staff writer that routinely held the status quo to account for their transgressions.

I stopped my affiliations with both major political parties; first the Dems after the travesty that was the Carter Administration (migrated to the GOP during Reagan's 2nd term .... I was scared to death of him when he was first elected .... I was so wrong), and later the GOP when I realized Ronnie was an aberration .... and not the "real" face of the GOP.

My retirement nest-egg was ripped off by the bankruptcy of a corrupt financial house; the feds did nothing to protect me even though they are charged with regulating that industry and safeguarding citizens. The bankruptcy court handed off the mess to another financial house for pennies-on-the-dollar and then allowed them to hit account holders with whopping "start-up" charges that negated any carry-over value. Social Security is a Ponzi scheme that is bankrupt and unreliable. I'm sick with a progressive, incurable condition and 6 years away from the retirement age promised when first entering the social-security system (if I live that long). I'm tired. But I can't retire, ever.

Somebody want to tell me how to stop being fearful of the future the government has designed for my children?
Amen to all of that. Reagan said the government was not the solution, but the cause of the problem (paraphrased). It's bad enough these days that I considered not having kids because of the kind of world they're going to inherit...thanks to, basically, a lot of arrogant, greedy dirtbags; otherwise known as the international bankers. The last president we had with any power as president was Kennedy...who was shot for signing into law the first piece of legislation necessary to dismantel the Federal Reserve (owned by said bankers). Reagan was good, and warned the people several times about what was coming, but could do nothing to stop what he knew was coming.

http://www.john-f-kennedy.net/thefederalreserve.htm
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Bravo, Nick!

Sorry, just have to rally behind the armyless troops. I can be counted in that number.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
kevster

Post by kevster »

I have three natural children and one step-child. I'm 43 years old and these children range in age from 15 to 22. If I had waited to age 30-32, I would have NO NATURAL CHILDREN. Not because of who they are or lack of love, but because of what they face. I would never wish anyone to have to exist in the last 10 years, or the next 5 to 10. IF I had lived during the depression, I would have felt the same way.

Nick C. You and I have followed parallel paths, though our ages somewhat different.

The gifts of God are damaged and destroyed by the hands of man. I would never have subjected children to this world if I had more wisdom at the time. It's not just economic, but the absolute insanity I see.

If you examine the domestic policies of the Clinton administration and the Bush administration, you find that Clinton governed more conservatively than Bush did (even with Clinton's first 2 years), yet more government is BETTER? Then the media and partisan rhetoric, it's all insane. Yet our leaders continue to do things the same way. Einstein's definition of insanity again. I wonder if that's what we'll hear in a speech tonight? What I've heard from the debate sounds like more of the same too (mostly).

So if I think about the Gibson situation and my own field, I see why we have a terrible economy. Nobody trusts the government. Those that have money fear the government is going to take it or destroy the ability to make more. Those who don't have money think the government willl give it to them or is responsible for their success (or worse yet, they think that the government going after those with money HELPS THEM!?!?!?!?!) Yeah, the violations asserted as why Gibson was raided by the government are suspect, but it's also HOW THEY RAIDED IT that tells the story. Defending the government's right and justification for its actions are fine (if the accustations are true), but it WAS NOT HANDLED WELL. Armed men going in brandishing WAY TOO MUCH FIREPOWER, that is not a hallmark of the US until very recently. That is the kind or tyranny our ancestors LEFT and FOUGHT AGAINST. Our society hasn't had that, why do we have it now?

So the Gibson saga is getting more and more coverage... GOOD!!!!!
ER

Post by ER »

Anarchy is the only solution, Ron Paul is the next best thing.

The bottom line is freedom. We don't need an ATF&G. The only real economy here in Norcal is illegal and your tax dollars are being used to try and shut it down or heaven forbid try and legalize it so the government can control it and get their fingers in that pie too. It's like mobsters leaning for protection money.

I'm actually a government worker but about to go on disability retirement because of my ongoing health and mental problems. All of the issues that everyone is mentioning here are not just some abstract ponderings to existentially bitch and moan about in my life but an on going daily struggle for me and my family that has ruined a once happy and productive life. And I know I'm not alone.

I have literally everything I need sitting on my work bench just waiting to construct my dream amp, but I've been on 7 different antidepressants in the last 8 months (none really helping) and I can't think clearly enough to finish my layout, cut dovetails, I can't even get the energy up to finish my freaking cap foil tester! I think a lot about Ken Fisher and how he couldn't build amps when his CFS was flaring up. I think I have CFS but the doctors around here say we don't know if it's a real disease and even if you had it we couldn't do anything about it and the only way to test for it is to test for epstien-barr, an even though you're positive for that is still not conclusive...yet they can throw all these mind-altering depression meds at me with only a symptoms checklist and no real testing!!!

Just got a call yesterday from my realtor that the bank is willing to go forward with the short-sale on my house (50K offer on my house that I owe 189K on) but that the government backers for the loan that I got won't agree. My parents paid 16K for their house and have prop 13 property tax and I can't even afford to inherit it from them!

My beautiful and talented wife was lucky to find a part-time minimum wage job as an ESL aide of all things to help support our family of four. Good thing she went to college I guess. I feel like a failure that she has to go back to work, she was able to stay home with our kids because we are very frugal people and have our priorities straight.

The only debt I have is for the home which will most likely foreclose in the next few days. I'm not worried about having bad credit for the future, because I never want to deal with a bank EVER again, and this will just codify that!

We need real fundamental change and soon. I just want to grow my own food, raise my kids, and play a little music and be left the %$#* alone just like my grandpa did and I'm willing to fight for it like he did!

My heart goes out to anybody having a hard time, our country should better than this! I'm not talking about chinese made big screen tv's and SUV's for everyone, just freedom to indulge our inventive instincts.

How much better off is the India hardwood trade with this raid? Kind of like fighting "terrorism" by invading muslim countries illegally?

How to create a terrorist;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJC1unnuwds
I guess wood is really bad to have all the way around as far as the U.S. is concerned!

Peace- ER
Last edited by ER on Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CHIP

Post by CHIP »

I hear you guys, I'm on the same wave length. The government , international bankers, and mainstream media are running this economy into the ground like a 747 in a nose dive. And it seems they're trying to do it.
mlp-mx6

Post by mlp-mx6 »

Just to be clear, my post was not in response to NickC, but to the original poster of that link - butwhatif, if I recall correctly.
Wife: How many amps do you need?
Me: Just one more...
vibratoking

Post by vibratoking »

Wow. this thread has really turned into something special. :P Actual facts, loose facts, conspiracy theory, self-pity, animosity, etc...and now sarcasm all rolled into one big POS thread. I forgot, what was this thread about? I remember it was interesting at one point.
T Wilcox

Post by T Wilcox »

I keep hoping this is gonna be the thread where someone posts the SSS schem and layout :?

:lol:

Todd
ER

Post by ER »

This thread is a lot longer than the same on the Garage Talk section, I guess most Dumble builders are generally dissatisfied with mediocrity and the status quo.