Need help tweeking a schematic for 6k6 amp

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

RyanThomas13

Re: Need help tweeking a schematic for 6k6 amp

Post by RyanThomas13 »

Ok I think I got everything.

Yes I also think its best to have individual bias pots, its not that much more work. I will also add in the extra fuse as suggested.

Just want to clarify on the OT.

I could get the Hammond 1760H (deluxe reverb) which is 20 watts, 6600 ohms with 4-8-16 ohm taps. For flexibility with speaker selection I could use an ohm selector on the output and leave the 16ohm wire unconnected, take the 8 ohm wire connect it to the 16 ohm position, and the 4 ohm wire and connect it to the 8 ohm position. Just double checking this is correct?
cdemike

Re: Need help tweeking a schematic for 6k6 amp

Post by cdemike »

RyanThomas13 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:35 pm Just want to clarify on the OT.

I could get the Hammond 1760H (deluxe reverb) which is 20 watts, 6600 ohms with 4-8-16 ohm taps. For flexibility with speaker selection I could use an ohm selector on the output and leave the 16ohm wire unconnected, take the 8 ohm wire connect it to the 16 ohm position, and the 4 ohm wire and connect it to the 8 ohm position. Just double checking this is correct?
Yup, that's correct. The idea is that there's no intrinsic resistance in a transformer, but rather ratios of windings in the primary vs secondary. You need 2x higher reflected impedance than the "design ratio," so by doubling the speaker impedance, you double the reflected impedance.