Possible Purchase Gone Awry

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

zozoe

Possible Purchase Gone Awry

Post by zozoe »

Greetings, & please hear this one out....

Some guy from one of our other chat havens is refusing to sell me a $1600 amp solely because I insist on using PP's 'goods & services' option.... Is this not a BIG RED LIGHT, and I should finally move on? 

Last year, I tried buying the very same amp from the same guy, then listed on Reverb (& still listed), but when we butted heads over me pointing out that the posted pictures were lifted from that person's auction, & how do I know what I'm getting, he QUICKLY got real nasty, refusing to even engage me any further & advising me on some other amp out there that my suit my needs... He doesn't know my needs...  Again, SERIOUS Red Flag, my gut tells me...  And now he's spewing advice on how I should use Telam tubes....WTF??

Thnx
xtian

Re: Possible Purchase Gone Awry

Post by xtian »

Walk away, bruh.
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
gktamps

Post by gktamps »

It sounds like you already know to step away, right?
Some "deals" are no deal.
ViperDoc

Post by ViperDoc »

Hard pass.
Just plug it in, man.
Colossal

Post by Colossal »

There are a LOT of personality disordered individuals out there.

Definitely, WALK AWAY.
thetragichero

Post by thetragichero »

would technically be a violation of the paypal terms of service to have a payment marked "friends and family" rather than "goods and services"
you'd have no recourse if the dude mailed you, say, a 60lb bag of sand instead of an amp. if i'm getting a good deal i prefer local purchase with cash vs shady paypal dealings. otherwise purchasing via a reputable site (reverb, ebay, etc) is the way to go to not get scammed
PRR wrote: Plotting loadlines is only for the truly desperate, or terminally bored.
johnnyreece

Post by johnnyreece »

I don't know about you guys, but anything I'm interested in, if I'm spending $1,600 for it, most likely it could be found more than one place. Might take some patience, but it'll be worth the wait to find a seller who isn't nuts.