White Amplification Little Rock Tube Amp Help?

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Pug81

White Amplification Little Rock Tube Amp Help?

Post by Pug81 »

Hi,

Quick intro to me....
32, M, Washington UK, friendly, here for advice and help. I'll return the favour if I can :-D

I need some help with an amp I have. Sorry if this isn't posted in the correct place.
I have in my possession a good old 70's (possibly very late 60's) tube combo loaded with celestion a. One G12-80 and the other a G12-125. Clearly one has been changed at some point....

The issue I have is the amp had a bit of a mains hum when I got it. I used it rarely for a few weeks when it went off. I've been told that there is a high chance some/all of the smoothing caps have gone. Easy fix...
I sent a lot of pics of the amp to a guy at blueberry pie amps and he seemed pretty up beat about it. He's called John and mega helpful guy.
The fact the amp has gone off isn't really a concern to me as I want to sell it anyway. Even as it stands.
Now, I have been told a few prices as to what it could be worth even as it stands. But, I just need a few more opinions before I commit to any of the offers I've already had....which is a few surprisingly. I won't kiss and tell, I just need more advice from you lovely ppl.

Now for the amp info:
It carries the name 'Little Rock' and made by 'White Amplification' for a store in Sunderland waaaay back when. It's stamped '120watts' but I'd assume. It's 100watts. I was told Matamp had something to do with 'white amplification' back in the day but they have said that this particular amp must be before their models.
I have also been told they were copies of Orange Amps with maybe a hint of Marshall thrown in. The tone was killer before it stopped working! I loved it but had nowhere to keep it so it sat in a cupboard....and still does.
It's pretty beat up and hasn't been looked after so is in a bit of a state. Suppose it adds to character.
I can provide any pics that anyone may need to get an idea of it.
Could anyone tell me it's possible value so I can sell it? Maybe?
I'm not expecting fortunes but I'm not expecting my pants to be pulled down over the price either...:-D
Are the drivers worth anythin? What do you think the amp is worth? Would any of you be interested in buying it ;-) .

Let me know what pics you would need and I'll get them posted.

Thanks for any help you can give so I maybe pass this little but heavy gem on.

Cheers ;-)
I'm typing in brail. Feel your screen :-P
overtone

Re: White Amplification Little Rock Tube Amp Help?

Post by overtone »

I remember these being written up positively in a recording magazine about 1982/3. Like the Burmans, also form the North of England, I think they were one of the few companies still using traditional tag boards and hand wiring at that time.

Prices tend to be driven by amps being well known or on the radar because a popluar artist uses them. These are pretty much off the beaten path and do not crop up on internet chatter. On a private sale in the UK, I think between 300-450 is a realistic max. price when working. A dealer will not give more than 150 and probably much less if not working. Sounds like about 100 in parts plus the time to get it back to it's former glory.

Hope this helps. I will be downsizing soon, have no need of another Brit 100W.
Pug81

Post by Pug81 »

Cool thanks for the info. That's pretty much what I've been told so looks like I'm on the rite track.
I've been told in the condition it's in it's worth a few hundred because of the rarity value. I've had a few offers around £200 but not sure what to do and wether to just take the money and let it go.
Any suggestions?
More would have been good but I'm not a greedy guy enough to barter too high and scare away interest.
Pug81

Post by Pug81 »

Apologies for the random Error posts. I kept gettin repeat error messages when posting so when it eventually worked, it posted all of my attempts lol I fail at technology lol :(
Structo

Post by Structo »

If you get the Debug error when you submit your reply, go to the thread where you posted your comment.
It will probably be there so don't keep trying to submit your comment because it results in multiple posts. :wink:
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
Pug81

Post by Pug81 »

Structo wrote:If you get the Debug error when you submit your reply, go to the thread where you posted your comment.
It will probably be there so don't keep trying to submit your comment because it results in multiple posts. :wink:
Lol yeah cheers for the heads up. That's exactly what I did lol
I kept retrying instead of checking first :-(
Bob S

Post by Bob S »

If I was back in my home town (about 20 miles north from you) I'd be all over this.
Good Luck with it.
Why Aye Man