I am a bit concerned as I ordered from Sozo recently and there is no response
Paypalled and the money is gone
No confirmation from them
No response to emails
No answering the phone

Any insights? Anyone dealt with them?

Thanks
Markus V
I have ordered several times from them and never had a problem. Be patient...
Learning to learn...
Colossal

Re: Anyone ordered directly from Sozo?

Post by Colossal »

I just put in a big order not too long ago. Many of the vintage hand wound caps were backordered until Apr 25 so John may be late filling orders. I just said to ship my order complete so am still waiting. Previous orders with Sozo have gone smoothly though and service is good.
paulster

Post by paulster »

I've bought direct before and never had any problems but yours is the second thread on the same subject I've read today.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showth ... p?t=891191

I'm sorry John but despite how good your product is, there's no excuse for this kind of customer service.
surfsup

Post by surfsup »

I tried to get sozos but only found two .1s

Maybe they are severely backlkogged? Are these caps really good enough for all this trouble?

One of my customers in TX claims to make 90% of the caps sold in the usa. I doubt it but I should bug the owner and ask what brands they do make and if sozo is one of 'em...
selloutrr

Post by selloutrr »

this is why small business in the USA fails.

They make a good product
that takes skill and time to make
as business picks up they can't keep product in stock
it cost to much to hire an additional skilled employee to keep up with demand. (taxes, social security, insurance, benefits, etc.)
orders get back logged
customers get frutrated
great product is over looked by bad customer service as they scramble to keep up.
Word of mouth turns from possitive to negative
new customers second guess trying the product and opt for something reliable
pretty soon business dries up
product is over stocked
company goes under
My Daughter Build Stone Henge
Markusv

Post by Markusv »

Thanks all

I feel encouraged, but I wrote him a rather unhappy letter

Markus V
.........Now where did I put it?
Big Jim

Post by Big Jim »

I hope thats not happening sellout. I like John and his products. I had no problem with my order. It was however, a little slow getting here considering I live like 60 miles from him. I was able to talk to him on the phone about my order. He is a gigging musician so he might be out of town or something. My caps were worth the wait. I wasn't on a time line though. :)
Jim
telentubes

Post by telentubes »

I've been trying to contact Sozo as well for a couple of weeks via phone calls and emails with no response to either. When I called yesterday the voice message said that Lisa's voice mail box was full and there was no room for any more messages. I think they may be overwhelmed with their success. I like Sozos so far so hope they can find a way to meet the demand.
selloutrr

Post by selloutrr »

I personally like the sozo caps. IMHO they are the next best thing to OEM. I'm hope they make it too.

I am shocked at how poor customer service as a whole has been lately. a very simple post on the website or a prerecorded message when you call is all it would take. or even an automated response generated and sent to your inbox anytime you email.

"sorry due to the overwhelming demand we are backed up. You the customer and our products are important to us. We are making every accomidation to fill your order as soon as possible. All orders will be filled in the order they were recieved. we are currently experienceing a .... (fill in blank ) week back order. " Please put your order in now as we can not ensure we will have stock on hand in the weeks to come."

IDK? but something...

This goes for all of the business i've delt with in the last two months it's all slowly declining. I think the stress of having to use less, (material, time, unskilled labor) is starting to take it's toll. I wish around here the companies would have kept at least one person that wasn't just neck down, cheap labor. A brain would be nice. What i wouldn't do for somebody who understood how to use the microphone at the drive thru. Speak clearly, don't turn it up until it feedsback, don't swallow it, and listen.
My Daughter Build Stone Henge
C Moore

Post by C Moore »

Deric

Post by Deric »

Bummer..... I'd never used Sozo's till a couple of recent builds (Sozo Blues in a Princeton Reverb and Sozo Standards in a 2204). Both orders showed up a little on the slow side (only compared to companies like Mouser..) but was very happy with the delivery and final product. Never did any REAL comparison but both amps sounded great!

Was going to order some more for a future project a couple weeks back and noticed the "backorder" status on some values. Found it odd that the "kits" were not shown as backordered but thought I'd just wait a couple weeks and then place the order.

Guess I'll have to pass for now. :roll:
Deric®
guitarsnguns04

Post by guitarsnguns04 »

ive always had a pleasant experience oredering from them. Must just be behind on filling orders??..hmmm..good luck
Bob Simpson

Post by Bob Simpson »

<delete>
</delete>
Last edited by Bob Simpson on Thu May 05, 2011 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please understand that IMO an answer to this question is of no practical relevance at all. - Max
Bob Simpson

Post by Bob Simpson »

Perhaps they are following BrownNote's business plan...
Please understand that IMO an answer to this question is of no practical relevance at all. - Max