PM sent, I'm still here.

dj
UR12

Re: 2Watt Sub Miniature Plexi

Post by UR12 »

dju wrote:PM sent, I'm still here.

dj
cool!!

it's looking like everything should be in stock by 11/05. Only thing I am waiting on it trannies and power supply boards which are both due in on the above date.

On another note it was brought to my attention that the mosfet/ heatsink on the main was left off of the bom and also the power supply board parts. I will try and get them added to the BOM this evening.
Cantplay

Post by Cantplay »

Got mine.

Bought 8 original black/gold knobs for $18.99 shipped(ebay)

Chassis is all deburred. Probably going to do a wrinkle finish on it.

Head cab is going to be either cherry or oak. I'm playing with rust/vinegar ebonizing on scraps trying to get the 'right' black.

John
UR12

Post by UR12 »

I have the BOM now updated to include the mosfet, heat sink and power supply parts. It's on page 9 of this thread. The power supply boards have shipped from my manufacturer and will be here Wed 10/31. We're just waiting on transformers after that and they should be in any day now. I have also attached a pic of the tube pin orientation for the sockets to help with getting them installed properly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
skyclmbr

Post by skyclmbr »

Got my bare bones kit in yesterday, looks great!

Here's a pic of it sitting in it's soon to be head cab. Note, I'll be doing a "hall" logo on the head cab, not the Marshall logo I put on the speaker cab.

Cantplay, I'd like to see pics of the ebonized oak/cherry cabinet when you get done, that sounds cool.

Bryan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
skyclmbr

Post by skyclmbr »

And, seeing as you're in NYC and Dana's over on the east coast too, I sincerely hope everyone's okay and didn't suffer too much damage due to Sandy.
MCK

Post by MCK »

skyclmbr wrote:Got my bare bones kit in yesterday, looks great!

Here's a pic of it sitting in it's soon to be head cab. Note, I'll be doing a "hall" logo on the head cab, not the Marshall logo I put on the speaker cab.

Cantplay, I'd like to see pics of the ebonized oak/cherry cabinet when you get done, that sounds cool.

Bryan
This just looks amazing!!! Great job!!! Can't wait to see the finished package.
skyclmbr

Post by skyclmbr »

MCK wrote: This just looks amazing!!! Great job!!! Can't wait to see the finished package.
Thanks! My first foray into cabinet building and tolex work. My only concern is if I built a boxy-sounding cab as I sort of wing'ed the dimensions.
UR12

Post by UR12 »

Looking great!!!! I am sure the dimensions will work out. We are doing fine down here. We got a couple feet of snow in the mountains but only a couple inches here and a lot of rain. My thoughts are with all of the families up north that survived Sandy.

I got the Power Supply boards in today and I will call tomorrow to see when the Trannies are shipping or were shipped.

Can't wait to get started on this project with you guys.
Cantplay

Post by Cantplay »

skyclmbr wrote:Got my bare bones kit in yesterday, looks great!

Bryan
Me too. No electric south of 34th st in NYC, So shop is dead for now.

I'm starting to populate the board since I can't go to work.. I'm deviating from the BOM slightly, but only by brands.

I had all the resistors in stock as PRP, and caps I have Orange Drop 716's.

Still waiting for my Mouser orders for the rest of the stuff.

John
UR12

Post by UR12 »

I just got off the phone with the tranny mfg and the trannys are shipping out to me today. I should have them here Monday or Tuesday of next week so I can start shipping out everyone's orders next week. I also see where I left off the part number designations for the power supply board in the BOM and will have an updated BOM uploaded this afternoon.
UR12

Post by UR12 »

Cantplay found a couple resistors misnumbered on the board so I am including a pic of the resistors and also a jumper that needs to be installed.

Thanks John!!
UR12

Post by UR12 »

Update: The OT trannys came in on Monday and the power Transformer shipment was sent to a wrong address. It was intercepted in Utah and is now been diverted back to my address. Bad news is that it won't be here until next Tuesday. I was hoping to start shipping these this week but it now appears that I won't be able to start shiping out bare bones kits until next wednesday 11/14/12.
UR12

Post by UR12 »

I FINALLY got the transformers in yesterday and will start shipping out the remainder of the kits starting tomorrow. I will send you a PM if your name is on the list. We have had a couple guys drop off the list so I will be sending PMs to a couple of the alternates.. Once the kits have shipped I will start a build here and take closeup pics so you can follow along here in this thread.
skyclmbr

No magic smoke

Post by skyclmbr »

Well, I've got the amp all assembled, less the tubes. Have been checking B+ and after cycling the power switch I get 180v with the switch off, but a steadily decreasing voltage when I switch the power on (178, 177, etc). I've checked the VVR wiring against a pic of the VVR board in Dana's documentation but it seems correct to me. Any of you folks have any tips for what might be causing this? I checked all the solder joints on the PCB to make sure I wasn't inadvertently drawing something to ground...