2Watt Sub Miniature Plexi

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

MCK

Re: 2Watt Sub Miniature Plexi

Post by MCK »

Dana, great to hear you are getting closer to the release of this amazing little amp. Just wanted to point out something I saw today : http://soundcloud.com/fargen-amplificat ... eyond-back

Seems like Fargen is also using the same name. AFAIK you were the first to use this name on the web but I don't know if you TM'ed it. If not suggest you make a dash to the TM office! Best of luck. You rock!
UR12

Post by UR12 »

MCK wrote:Dana, great to hear you are getting closer to the release of this amazing little amp. Just wanted to point out something I saw today : http://soundcloud.com/fargen-amplificat ... eyond-back

Seems like Fargen is also using the same name. AFAIK you were the first to use this name on the web but I don't know if you TM'ed it. If not suggest you make a dash to the TM office! Best of luck. You rock!
I'm not going to worry about it. I think people will be able to distiguish my Hall Microplex from Fargen's. Truth be known I can probably document that I had it first if the need arises.

On other notes. The BOM is still under construction and I am just waiting on the Front panels to come in before shipping out the first kits. They should be here the first half of this week and I could start shipping the bare bones kits to the first testers as early as thursday or friday. If you are on Facebook, you can apply to join our Hall Amplification page to keep up on all the latest and greatest things we have going on in the shop.
skyclmbr

Post by skyclmbr »

Sounds awesome!

I started building a head cab and speaker cab this weekend so it'll be all ready when the kits are complete.

Looking forward to putting that sound in my house.
UR12

Post by UR12 »

skyclmbr wrote:Sounds awesome!

I started building a head cab and speaker cab this weekend so it'll be all ready when the kits are complete.

Looking forward to putting that sound in my house.
I just got a email this morning that the front panels shipped out yesterday so hopefully they will be in tomorrow or Friday. 12 more days until the Transformers ship but I can get out the first two kits as soon as the front panels arrive. I'll be in touch. Also still working on the BOM. I have the resistors and caps finished and am working on things like the power switch, etc. Hope to have that finished up this week also.
UR12

Post by UR12 »

The Front panels arrived and I will be shipping out the first two kits on Monday that include, Boards, Chassis, Transformers, Tubes and Front panel. I will try and post the BOM this weekend. First two kits goes out to Cantplay and skyclmbr. If they decline I will contact the next guys on the list. The only thing I am lacking at the moment is more Trannies and they should be in sometime in the next week or two. If anyone wants a kit now without trannies I can ship those also. Just let me know and I look forward to working with all you guys on this project. It should be a lot of fun and I can't wait to hear your comments and suggestions on the kits.

Thanks!
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

thing screams..

How about an el34 version? LOL!
UR12

Post by UR12 »

The first two kits are packed up and ready to go out. I just wanted to confirm that the people on the list was still interested in the kits. I know it has taken a long time to get these ready to go and it's not a problem if things have changed and you are no longer interested. I do have people waiting that would like to opportunity to get one if someone drops off the list. So to that end if your name is on the list please get in touch with me and let me know for sure that you still want a kit. If I don't hear from you by 10/29 I will start adding alternates to the list.

Here is the list. If you see your name please let me know your status through a PM or post.

Skyclimber Shipped
Marioverkill
JazzGuitarGimp
Cantplay Shipped
Dartanion
Passfan
Yowza
BlindDog Shipped
Orleanska
DJU

Thanks!
Dana
Last edited by UR12 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Marioverkill

Post by Marioverkill »

Still interested Dana !

Mario
MCK

Post by MCK »

Dana, life has happened on this end and I will not be able to dedicate the time to do justice to this lovely project. Please pass my slot to the next person on the waiting list. Sorry for dropping the ball on you. I look forward to the production runs so I can eventually snag one up. All the best!
UR12

Post by UR12 »

MCK wrote:Dana, life has happened on this end and I will not be able to dedicate the time to do justice to this lovely project. Please pass my slot to the next person on the waiting list. Sorry for dropping the ball on you. I look forward to the production runs so I can eventually snag one up. All the best!
Thanks for the update. Like I said, this prototype has taken me longer than I would have liked to get to this point and I was afraid that after such a long wait some people would have had changes in their lives that would prevent them from going on with it and I completely understand.

I finally have the BOM finished and want to give it one more once over for errors or omissions but will post it before the end of today. The designations on the BOM now match the designations on the board so it should be an easy matter to populate the board from the BOM.
surfsup

Post by surfsup »

This thread is huge, what is the price and details of this kit? I might be interested as a Xmas gift for a good friend...
UR12

Post by UR12 »

surfsup wrote:This thread is huge, what is the price and details of this kit? I might be interested as a Xmas gift for a good friend...
I only have 10 kits available and after they are gone I won't be selling anymore kits. The guys on the list were the first 10 to get their name on the list. I have already had one person drop off but I have about 3 alternates at this time so I can put your name on the list but I can't guarantee that you will get one. Once I get the next revision of boards in for the production amps I might be sweet talked into a set of boards or something but I will have to wait to see what the demand on this amp is. If it goes like the Lil Devil I don't even know if I will have any extra boards for sale. I'll just have to see how it goes with these first ten and let ya know.

This kit is being sold as a bare bones kit and includes Chassie, Main and power supply PCBs, Transformers, tubes and front panel. All the small parts are on the BOM below and must be obtained from other sources. The price of the kit with shipping to the lower 48 is $190. This is my cost on the parts with a little thrown in for shipping.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by UR12 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Cantplay

Post by Cantplay »

Same part number listed for 470 and 470K resistor. Be careful ordering.
UR12

Post by UR12 »

Cantplay wrote:Same part number listed for 470 and 470K resistor. Be careful ordering.
Sorry bout that. I changed the spread sheet and copied it back up to the forum.
surfsup

Post by surfsup »

ok put me down as a 4th alternate and let me know.