18 watt with overdrive and master volume

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

roknroll

Post by roknroll »

Clips of new 18 watt. Modeled basically after a 1975/6 2203 circuit with numerous tweaks to make it more friendly with EL84's. The link below is NOT to an amp builder's business website. It is a personal space on/in Yahoo. Please forgive me for posting in this folder, it was a brain fart, I am not a moderator so I don't know how to move it.
http://briefcase.yahoo.com/roknroll50
Last edited by roknroll on Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Elcabong

Re: 18 watt with overdrive and master volume

Post by Elcabong »

Yeah! That sounds good!

Can you describe what is the overdrive modif.? Is it a TMB?
roknroll

Post by roknroll »

Hi
Thanks for the kind words. With all due respect I am going to decline the info you asked for because I currently custom build these and convert TMB units to this circuit. It is not a TMB circuit at all. While I did not reinvent the wheel, the circuit is commonly available on the internet but I have made a number of changes to make it more compatible with EL84's. To my knowledge I have never seen one or heard one in the 18 watt format.
Regards
:D
Elcabong

Post by Elcabong »

This is your right to keep the information for you but then... why post it here in the technical section? :?

I will stay polite and say it looks like free advertising.
roknroll

Post by roknroll »

Putting it in the technical section was a brain fart. That I realized after posting. But, regardless you will notice there was no link to my website, no mention of business or business name. Only soundclips linked to a benign Yahoo Briefcase which only holds some personal stuff.
Would you have excused it if I had sent you the schematic? :)
Last edited by roknroll on Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elcabong

Post by Elcabong »

I did not mean to be rude when I replied but you know that there is a fine line between someone being just happy to share a result ( I will put you in this category ) and someone subtly pushing an advertisement. This happen a lot on many forums I visit.

You are absolutely right, there was no direct mention of business in your text but a link to your commercial website is available below your message. This and the post in the technical section made me wonder, that's all.

Anyway, I am not a moderator here so this is just my opinion. I just wanted to discuss a great sounding amp and could not :wink:

I have visited your site before and think you are doing great work!