Reeltarded

Re: Anyone ordered directly from Sozo?

Post by Reeltarded »

Forgot about what?
surfsup

Post by surfsup »

Wow!

When did you order and are these the vintage Sozo's?

Since before the last replies on this thread that I replied to, so earlier than June...

Forgot about what?

I dunno...I forgot!
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Good thing is that they really are vintage now... sort of. lol
telentubes

Post by telentubes »

I ordered SOZO BLUES in May for two Rockets and a Princeton Reverb. Gave up with the wait and built one of the Rockets with 150s. Put the Princeton on the back burner. The SOZOs finally arrived several months later... WITHOUT any .1ufs. So the Princeton (just getting around to it now) is being pieced together with SOZO standards, Mallory 150s, mostly Allen Bradley CC resistors, with some CFs and MFs thrown into the mix where I didn't have the correct values in CCs. With all the stock I have lying around, I just couldn't bring myself to ordering more parts, so this project is alphabet soup. If it doesn't sound great, I'll make some changes, but who knows, this may be the secret.
LeftyStrat
Location: Marietta, SC, but my heart and two of my kids are in Seattle, WA

Post by LeftyStrat »

Structo wrote: As with a recent pedal manufacturer busted for using cheap Chinese pedals for their "basement built" boutique pedals, I have a certain amount of skepticism when these claims are put forth.
Wouldn't that be something to learn these caps are just relabeled Mallory 150's. :lol:
Tom, I hadn't heard about those pedals, so I did some research. That is freaking hilarious, well, except to the people that were duped.

Three resistors, one capacitor and a new paint job to a $30 dollar pedal, and then sell it for $170. Wow. And the mod is made to a Chinese ripoff of a Fulltone pedal. :shock:
Last edited by LeftyStrat on Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
ToneMerc

Post by ToneMerc »

I've ordered blues three times this year since April and yellows about two months ago and all four orders delivered inside of 7-10 days. The blues I ordered the first week of November showed up in 5 days.

TM
renshen1957

Post by renshen1957 »

ToneMerc wrote:I've ordered blues three times this year since April and yellows about two months ago and all four orders delivered inside of 7-10 days. The blues I ordered the first week of November showed up in 5 days.

TM
Hi,

My experience, no wait for the Mustards (vintage or standard) a more than a week before shipment on the Blue. The buyer has to be proactive on communication (you email Sozo), however they do respond within 24 hours.

I was going to purchase the "SoZo Royal 67 Capacitor
$19.95 each" for a project but the E-Cap has been out of stock for almost two years come February, or so, so long I can't remember. It was cheaper to go with Solen Fast Caps.

As to Boutique Caps, Jupiter is no different, and with the exception of partsconnexion, Jupiter seems to go through distributors. I purchased some when CEDist carried the line (to supplement the values Sozo didn't have in the Blue Caps). The line was phased out rather quickly and before then was O/S on a number of caps.

Best Regards,

Steve

Best