Epiphone Pacemaker 50T PT short

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

sluckey

Re: Epiphone Pacemaker 50T PT short

Post by sluckey »

If you are using the 125V primary tap on a 269EX PT you can increase the B+ a bit by switching to the 115V tap (GRY).
angelodp

Post by angelodp »

Yes yes was not sure if that was a good course or not. I can see if it has a great sonic effect.

Thanks
Phil_S

Post by Phil_S »

Do what you can to raise the plate voltage. I'm going to guess 275v is the sweet spot. You won't get that with that PT and tube rectifier. You'll get into the 220's by changing the primary to 115v. For a speaker, IIRC, I've got a Celestion G10L-35 in my Gibson Scout. It was a miraculous improvement over the stock speaker, which, IIRC, was a nothing-to-write-home-about CTS. That Celestion is obsolete, so I don't really have a recommendation, but maybe it suggests a direction to look for something.
angelodp

Post by angelodp »

Hi Phil, yup with the switch to the 115 tap I am getting 240v on the plates which I believe is spot on. With the .022 in place of the .005 tone is improved in the bass realm and I am hooked to an 8ohm 2x12 Celestion cab, what a difference. Owner says he like the original sound but he has not heard this new setup. I do think something on the order of a Celestion is called for.
angelodp

Post by angelodp »

OK done, should last a while longer. Sounds like an Epiphone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.