Tone Stack Bypass RAW control

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Eges

Tone Stack Bypass RAW control

Post by Eges »

Well after reading Hasserl's tone stack bypass method it made alot of sense to me and wanted to implement it. Am I doing it right?

Here is the method Hasserl explained: https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index ... t-29830804

Here is my shitty paint edit, bypass toggle activates the RAW control:
BYPASS.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
martin manning

Re: Tone Stack Bypass RAW control

Post by martin manning »

I believe he means to bypass it like this. I added the cap to block DC, and the bypass switch to get the full 1 Meg for "normal" mode from any partial-bypass setting. There will still be some effect from the tone controls with this bypass technique.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eges

Post by Eges »

Now perfectly clear thank you!
Eges

Post by Eges »

martin manning wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:23 am I believe he means to bypass it like this. I added the cap to block DC, and the bypass switch to get the full 1 Meg for "normal" mode from any partial-bypass setting. There will still be some effect from the tone controls with this bypass technique.

Oh btw 1 meg is still a pot right so I can change the tone stack bypass ratio. And switch turns it out of the circuit right?
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

Yes, it's a pot. The switch doesn't remove it from the circuit, just makes it go to the full 1Meg while preserving the setting. Alternatively, a switch in series with the pot could be used to open the bypass circuit and completely remove it, but it would be a good idea to put a large resistor across the switch to eliminate popping.