Any advice ?

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

BobbyNeal

Any advice ?

Post by BobbyNeal »

Hello everyone, I'm facing a reverb issue with my Amplified Nation Wonderland amp. It used to be weak and now doesn't work at all. A technician inspected and tested all components, even suggesting a new tank, but the problem persists. Input signal is going in, but nothing is coming out. I also tried reaching out to the amp's builder with no response. Any advice from those who've encountered similar problems would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
bepone

Re: Any advice ?

Post by bepone »

difficult to repair remotely , sad to hear that manufacturer doesnt provide technical support or service, looks like whole world is going in one way bussiness direction
johnnyreece

Post by johnnyreece »

Just to clarify: Was this built by Amplified Nation, or parts from AN built by someone else? I know Taylor at AN is a member here, and will hopefully chime in. Either way, I'm sure someone here is willing to help figure your problem out if you're confident enough to poke around in your amp. Good luck!
FUCHSAUDIO

Post by FUCHSAUDIO »

Our shop can fix it, maybe even improve it :).
Proud holder of US Patent # 7336165.
maxkracht

Post by maxkracht »

That shouldn't be too complicated to fix. Hopefully, it was some kind of miscommunication with the tech.

Basic stuff you can do yourself: Are the tubes, cables, and tank plugged in all the way? Is the reverb turned up and on? Have you tried replacing the tubes associated with the reverb, or the cables, or the tank? You can sub in a known good 12a*7, one at a time, for each preamp tube until you are sure all of them work While the amp is on, can you hear a crash if you hit the reverb tank?
TUBEDUDE

Post by TUBEDUDE »

And make sure the cables aren't reversed.
Tube junkie that aspires to become a tri-state bidirectional buss driver.