Visio library

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

rutledj

Visio library

Post by rutledj »

Is there a library available for Visio that would contain items like tube sockets, caps, resistors, pots, etc, that can be used for chassis layout? I've found the electrical symbols to draw schematics but was hoping for the same for the chassis layout. Otherwise, is there a better software to use for this than Visio?
johnnyreece

Re: Visio library

Post by johnnyreece »

I don't know about "better", but I like DIYLC. It's free, and has symbols for actual components, as well as schematic symbols.
rutledj

Post by rutledj »

I'm trying DIYLC but I can't find a way to draw a blank board over 14" long. Is there a setting somewhere that controls that?
sluckey

Post by sluckey »

Go to my website and scroll down to the odds and ends section. You will find my Visio shapes in a zip file.
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

sluckey wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:22 pm Go to my website and scroll down to the odds and ends section. You will find my Visio shapes in a zip file.
This ^^^^^ it's outstanding, thanks again Steve :)

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
johnnyreece

Post by johnnyreece »

rutledj wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:18 pm I'm trying DIYLC but I can't find a way to draw a blank board over 14" long. Is there a setting somewhere that controls that?
Yeah, if you go to "Edit", then "Edit Project Settings", you can change the size of the workspace. I just tested it and made a 28" long board, so it *can* be done!
sluckey

Post by sluckey »

pompeiisneaks wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:31 pm This ^^^^^ it's outstanding, thanks again Steve :)
I thought you already had those shape files from long time ago? If so, you should replace them with the latest ones on my website. There have been quite a few additions over the years.

I've seen a lot of Visio layouts on this site that contained some shapes that I don't have. I wonder if maybe you could start a thread asking people to share their custom shapes? Mine are already shared to the net but I don't mind if they are posted here too. Anyhow, just a thought. What do you think? Maybe even make it a sticky.
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

sluckey wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:55 pm
pompeiisneaks wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:31 pm This ^^^^^ it's outstanding, thanks again Steve :)
I thought you already had those shape files from long time ago? If so, you should replace them with the latest ones on my website. There have been quite a few additions over the years.

I've seen a lot of Visio layouts on this site that contained some shapes that I don't have. I wonder if maybe you could start a thread asking people to share their custom shapes? Mine are already shared to the net but I don't mind if they are posted here too. Anyhow, just a thought. What do you think? Maybe even make it a sticky.
I'm just seconding that your shapes that I've used for a long time are not updated (So I might do that soon too :D )

Basically it's like a +1 vote when someone says something like :

this ^

I just did it a lot of times

this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:O

for emphasis.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
rutledj

Post by rutledj »

Thanks very much for the shapes.
galtjunk

Post by galtjunk »

Can someone start a sticky so we can all post our stencils here?