OT question

General discussion area for tube amps.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

andrew

OT question

Post by andrew »

I have a Fender Deluxe OT I want to use for a single ended project. It has a blue wire,a brown wire, and a red center tap.Which wires do I use? Thanks
oldhousescott

Re: OT question

Post by oldhousescott »

I recommend saving that OT for a push-pull project and getting one of Weber's SE OTs, either the Champ style or the generic based on tube type and expected wattage. Push-pull OTs do not generally work well in SE circuits.

What tube(s) are you planning to use for the output?
"We put a little quality in everything we build..."
<><
andrew

Deluxe OT

Post by andrew »

Hello, It's a parallel 6V6. I'm getting no sound at all with my old OT and before I spend the money on a new one I'd like to use it to make sure it is the OT.Thanks for any help on this, Andrew
doctord02

Re: OT question

Post by doctord02 »

You cant use a push-pull transformer with a single ended amp circuit. What you can do is check to see if the single ended output is shorted... Check with a multimeter to see if there is continuity between the primary and the secondary winding, or with the iron core. If there is, it's fried. Also check to see if the primary or secondary reads as an open circuit (infinite resistance). If it reads open, then there a broken winding (and its toast...).

Have you tried different tubes, etc...