Things I would like to see on this forum [hint]

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Funkalicousgroove

Re: Things I would like to see on this forum [hint]

Post by Funkalicousgroove »

HRM is the post-OD tonestack, PAB is Pre Amp Boost.

My fave is the Boosted non PAB with the tonespotter Speaker
Owner/Solder Jockey Bludotone Amp Works
Funkalicousgroove

Here's my amp, no post OD Stack non boosted mode EVM12L SM57.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Icetech

Post by Icetech »

Thanks funk... im working on the ods reverb.. hope it comes out half that good:)

and after hearing that i think im gonna stop spending money on amps and take some lessons:)
kindred

Post by kindred »

Omar wrote:If you guys have ideas for adding new sections to the forum, I'm all ears. I have been looking at different software that would make it easier to catalog info like build pics, parts lists, etc. but haven't found anything definative.

Let me know what you guys think,
Omar
hey there omar... im not much of a contributor as far as amp knowlage (im more of a lurker) but i may be able to help you out with improving this forum... im not sure how much you know about web programming but i can handle my own around the back end of a website. im sure theres a better way to get some kind of archive on this forum rather then finding new software (ive rarely used much more then the old trusty notepad for my websites). maybe keep the discussions in the forum but pull the build picks & schematics & such and tuck them neatly away in an ordinary web page with a link? u can email me at my hotmail if you want, kaspr1

sorry little slow on the uptake for this one
dobbhill

Post by dobbhill »

whoops!! deleted :oops:
Last edited by dobbhill on Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
toneman

Mid cap

Post by toneman »

Nice touch Funk, is that with the 01 mid cap and 250K pot? 8)
Funkalicousgroove

Yes sir, that seems to be the "Magic" change for sure!
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Responding to the original post: for custom chassis, Komboking is hard to beat. Google him for his web site.
v00d00blues79

Post by v00d00blues79 »

I would like to see us pool our resources for parts and sources. Something like a B.O.M with parts sources for the different models, with a tweaking section for different values and what they effect.

Thanks,

Andy
Icetech

Post by Icetech »

Voodoo... i elect you to organize things:) a BOM for like hybrid a or something would be nice... problem is we have so many layouts and schems floating around that its hard to tell whats what and all that...

i fired up my bassman build last night to the wonderful sound of sizzling parts! whoo hoo:)
ElectronAvalanche

Post by ElectronAvalanche »

I would like to take it a bit further....

Look at what is happening at the SLO-clone forum. There seems to be a new design evolving from all the cloning, taking the strenghts and loved sound from the SLO but making it even better (hopefully a nice FX-Loop soon). For example the Double-EQ SLO.

I think Dumbles could and SHOULD be treated the same way. Dumble amps are by far not perfect. Some things might be improved (not to the ODS circuit, but for example switchable Cks, switchable post OD, Reverb, Ford mod etc.).

Maybe we could even come up with a simple PCB, sort of like the Eyelet-board, with the parts in the right physical position to each other, but with the Relais already in there, maybe a PCB for the Power Supply (as Dumble used himself).

Should make things easier for the build and gets standard results. Then every one could be tweaking.

As far as chassis go, I would contact the guy in Bankgok and see if he comes up with an affordable Clone chassis.

Just some ideas.......

Electron
dogears

Post by dogears »

Sounds like my amp to the "T"!
ElectronAvalanche wrote:...for example switchable Cks, switchable post OD, Reverb, Ford mod etc.).
Icetech

Post by Icetech »

got a layout dogears? :)
dogears

Post by dogears »

All I can do is repost the pics that Gary posted....

On the back is a fully switchable Dumbleator with correct power supply voltages, 3 way local feedback, 3 way V2 snubber switch, and a switch to turn on and off the choke replacement resistor. Oh, and external bias points for each tube. 3 speaker taps too.....

Gary is quite good.....
v00d00blues79

Post by v00d00blues79 »

I would be more than happy to start organizing a set of BOM's that are from the current schematics here on the site. This will at least get things started on helping people to source their parts. I will need some input on things such as the footswitch jack, the PT, the OT and Choke's that people have tried and recommend and any of the other specialty parts that are needed. That and a source for those elusive 22M, 33M, and 44M resistors!

Thanks,

Andy