Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

oldmacman

Re: Things I would like to see on this forum [hint]

Post by oldmacman »

Elusive? I always get them at Mouser.
Funkalicousgroove

Post by Funkalicousgroove »

You won't find 33M or 44M resistors, I found 1/2W Carbon Film's on mouser.com and bought 100, I'd be willing to share, but at .07ea it's hardly worth the postage. I also have a part# for a F/S Jack, but I'm getting ready to change up my chassis for a Screw-on DIN jack like the newer amps. The type PS orange drops are available at tubesandmore.com, if there is enough interest I have a dealer's access and get quite a discount in bulk. I etch my own PCB's but if there is enough interest I'd be willing to have them manufactured, but minimum orders are usually $500.
Owner/Solder Jockey Bludotone Amp Works
Chad

Post by Chad »

I just picked up 15 .0005 600v sprague black beauties from a local electronics dealer that I would trade for some 33m,44m resistors if anyone's interested. Chad
v00d00blues79

Post by v00d00blues79 »

I'm going to start working on the BOM's tonight. I should have something that we can start working from tomorrow.

Andy
BobW

Post by BobW »

A pc board is an excellent idea for the finely tuned amp, but not a good idea for the prototype. If anyone has a final schematic they would like to share, it would be an excellent group effort to layout and buy in bulk so we would all end up with a great foundation to further tweak if so desired. I think we could easily compile our orders to meet the $500 minimum. What say ye? my .02 8)
BobW

Post by BobW »

A pc board is an excellent idea for the finely tuned amp, but not a good idea for the prototype. If anyone has a final schematic they would like to share, it would be an excellent group effort to layout and buy in bulk so we would all end up with a great foundation to further tweak if so desired. I think we could easily compile our orders to meet the $500 minimum. What say ye? my .02 8)
ElectronAvalanche

Post by ElectronAvalanche »

Given that the copper traces or on the upper side, tweaking is no problem even with PCBs.

The end points of the traces should be rather large in diameter, to make tweaking easier.

I found it MUCH more easy to tweak my Power Supply PCB than the eyeletboard.

One could design the PCB in such a way, that for example two different Anode resistors could be installed next to each other. One could then use little jumpers to have either the 100k or 220k anode resistors on V1a.

Electron
toneman

Post by toneman »

Power supply PCB would be GREAT or maybe a channel switching board.
ampdoc1

Post by ampdoc1 »

I think a PCB with holes drilled for turrets would be ideal (see ampage article on this).

DEH