Bonamassa new amp day

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

andyhardy

Bonamassa new amp day

Post by andyhardy »

Why not?!! Thanks @blackmagicguitars ! I opened up for Stephen Bruton in Austin,Texas @antonesnightclub 25 years ago and I witnessed him play this amp up close. He was so good with this amp and a vintage 335. It was beyond processing the moment and the music. Super fun to own it. 😎👍
438223837_985093049648624_3902024885248439934_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
alnight

Re: Bonamassa new amp day

Post by alnight »

Nice! Was that the old Antone's on 29th street? Man, I really liked that room. Saw great shows there.
Charlie Wilson

Post by Charlie Wilson »

This is Ripper #189, hmm or maybe not. Different grill material on the head cabinet.🤔
CW
WhopperPlate

Post by WhopperPlate »

Real dumbles on the dumble forum ?! Clips now !! Lol

you must be feeling all kinds of ways , congratulations!
Charlie
andyhardy

Post by andyhardy »

How many does he have now 4 me thinks
erwin_ve

Post by erwin_ve »

andyhardy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:44 pm How many does he have now 4 me thinks
He has 7, see pic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bombacaototal

Post by Bombacaototal »

5 on the two pictures attached (two combos and two heads in one pic, and the Hoyt combo on the other) plus the new one. Just missing 1
andyhardy

Post by andyhardy »

Thats amazing
ampdan

Post by ampdan »

Livin' the dream right there. Good for him, he earned it.
Charlie Wilson

Post by Charlie Wilson »

Yeah well, I’m thinking someone who can’t just own one of something great and enjoy it but has to own everything and tell everybody about is….a creepy scumbag.
CW
erwin_ve

Post by erwin_ve »

Charlie Wilson wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:46 pm Yeah well, I’m thinking someone who can’t just own one of something great and enjoy it but has to own everything and tell everybody about is….a creepy scumbag.
CW
Dont you think it is a business model? Same for his guitars. Win a couple of grand on each sale.
ampdan

Post by ampdan »

Charlie Wilson wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:46 pm Yeah well, I’m thinking someone who can’t just own one of something great and enjoy it but has to own everything and tell everybody about is….a creepy scumbag.
CW
Yeah well, If I had to "cancel" every "Creepy Scumbag" from the list of musicians in history, there wouldn't be much to listen to.
What's really creepy is the social media sickness of pile on and "cancel" everybody, has now infested itself here too...
Charlie Wilson

Post by Charlie Wilson »

OK let me clarify my reaction to that initial post. First of all I HATE "woke", "cancel", and for the most part social media, this site being an exception. Joe is a great guitarist and I enjoy his music. What I didn't like was the "Why Not?!!" when talking about buying an amp that probably was close to half a million dollars. Like he was buying a cup of coffee or a new shirt. In the economic environment we find ourselves right now, I found that very tone deaf. People can barely afford their rent or a bag of groceries. For the guitar player inflation has made even basic gear almost unaffordable. Bonamassa comes from a family of vintage gear dealers and that is fine. Just quit rubbing your expensive stuff in the faces of people that are struggling to put gas in their car.
CW
rootz

Post by rootz »

I do not have any problem with his purchases and him showing it to the world. Even the 'why not?' is okay to me. Tone deaf would be giving a large party funded with public money in times where everybody needs to pay more taxes and cut expenses to make ends meet. We had that happen in our municipality a few years back. But that is not what Joe does. He collects, shares his purchases and sells probably for a profit. His money and no-one suffers any damages AFAIK. And by the way, where would the amp otherwise go? A collector who puts it in a safe or at least doesn't show it to the world? What would we benefit from that?

It would be even better if he were to share gut shots and schematics of his Dumbles here. I'll keep on dreaming :D

P.S. I do feel for people who need to make ends meet, especially when it comes to the working poor, with more than one job. It's sad to see that governments can't seem to provide circumstances in which most individuals can prosper. It should be the main focus of any government to make people stand on their own feet with dignity.
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

rootz wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:50 amHe collects, shares his purchases and sells probably for a profit. His money and no-one suffers any damages AFAIK. And by the way, where would the amp otherwise go? A collector who puts it in a safe or at least doesn't show it to the world? What would we benefit from that?
No harm except driving prices further into the stratosphere, and further limiting the number of players who might have the opportunity to own or even experience them.
rootz wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:50 amIt would be even better if he were to share gut shots and schematics of his Dumbles here. I'll keep on dreaming :D
Owners, whether they are players or purely collectors or investors, have no interest in sharing technical info, since that would only reduce the value of their investment. Fortunately we have amassed enough knowledge here to enable building very representative copies of Dumble's amp designs.