Dress nuts for mini-toggles

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

James_rc

Dress nuts for mini-toggles

Post by James_rc »

I’m currently installing the hardware on my chassis and ran into a bit of a puzzle on the mini-toggles.

With the dress nuts fully tightened there’s still some play on my mini-toggles. Should I just thread the two interior nuts forward a smidge? Is there a standard order of operations for installing these? TIA.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ijedouglas

Re: Dress nuts for mini-toggles

Post by ijedouglas »

James_rc wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:20 pm I’m currently installing the hardware on my chassis and ran into a bit of a puzzle on the mini-toggles.

With the dress nuts fully tightened there’s still some play on my mini-toggles. Should I just thread the two interior nuts forward a smidge? Is there a standard order of operations for installing these? TIA.
Remove the washer with the tab on it, not needed. I put one nut on, tooth washer next and insert into chassis and add the second nut. You can adjust the first nut for the correct length. In your case you would only need one nut, tooth washer and dress nut.
Ian
James_rc

Post by James_rc »

Thanks, Ian.

I felt silly asking, but I'd rather ask and get it right.
Colossal

Post by Colossal »

It would be most helpful to have a very thin and kinked mini-wrench to tighten them from behind. Bruce from Mission Amps, IIRC, had a custom wrench made which he offered to tighten the hard-to-get-to Fender jewel lamp assembly. I need to have one made for these mini-toggles because the dress nut forces one to tighten them from inside the chassis 🤔
ViperDoc

Post by ViperDoc »

I just use the hex washer on the outside and tighten with a nut driver. The tabbed washer is for anti-rotation (I know you know that), I always drill a detent hole next to the switch and use that washer from inside the chassis. It makes tightening those switches super easy.
Just plug it in, man.