DUMBLE Trade Mark

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

WhopperPlate

Re: DUMBLE Trade Mark

Post by WhopperPlate »

Charlie Wilson wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:31 am Did I read that correctly, you want to punch the guy who has been handling Dumble's estate in the face? Maybe time to take some meds and spew your bs somewhere else.
CW
Levity anyone?
7281048E-F73F-4497-BA7A-4E54A2CF17F9.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Charlie
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

The last thing I would do here is intentionally piss off people I like and respect.

Charlie put my 'face' on a body and I only responded that I could use a salad. I honestly wasn't making fun of Howard Dumble.

Drew is a different story. I never heard of him until he showed up in ads as a 'Burst Brother' and he isn't a Wittrock. It is like some kid named D'Ranged being touted as the Godfather of Soul. I knew James Brown. He is from my home town. My grandfather hired him for his first professional gig. I'm going to post an image of an image of James playing with that band from my phone. I know Tom. He was standing there the last time I sold a sunburst to Norm Harris. I am offended by Drew.

My point is blame WhopperPlate. Jerk.

Please accept my absolute apology on the Dumble thing. That was not my intention. I was assuming the persona of me as described, not shaming anyone but myself.

WhopperPlate.. jerk.

James Brown at Augusta Exchange Club fairgrounds circa 1956 right before the release of "Please, please.".
CA0FC598-A3B5-4384-A389-4E919C9613B5.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
WhopperPlate

Post by WhopperPlate »

Reeltarded wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:25 pm
My point is blame WhopperPlate. Jerk.
:twisted: :evil:
879958ED-43C8-4B17-9FCF-EA40F7F3C6BC.png
Charlie
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

897DC255-0642-42CA-A460-7657C5F6A41A.jpeg
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
sds1

Post by sds1 »

Meanwhile at the US Trademark Trial and Appeal Board...

Petitioner Request to Withdraw as Attorney
Namely, the client has become unresponsive and further does not
appear to be paying for continued services of the undersigned. (2) the client
has been notiied of the undersigned’s desire to withdraw from representation.
(3) All documents have been delivered to the client. (4) There are no unearned
fees to be refunded. (5) Service has been given to the client by email.
Source: https://ttabvue.uspto.gov/ttabvue/v?pno ... CAN&eno=10

:lol:
FUCHSAUDIO

Post by FUCHSAUDIO »

sds1 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:33 pm Meanwhile at the US Trademark Trial and Appeal Board...

Petitioner Request to Withdraw as Attorney
Namely, the client has become unresponsive and further does not
appear to be paying for continued services of the undersigned. (2) the client
has been notiied of the undersigned’s desire to withdraw from representation.
(3) All documents have been delivered to the client. (4) There are no unearned
fees to be refunded. (5) Service has been given to the client by email.
Source: https://ttabvue.uspto.gov/ttabvue/v?pno ... CAN&eno=10

:lol:
BEAT ME TO IT...this is very, very good.
Proud holder of US Patent # 7336165.
FUCHSAUDIO

Post by FUCHSAUDIO »

Latest update;

So the US battle appears over, since the UK guys stopped paying their US attorney and the process was halted and appears over for now.

Meanwhile, in the UK, they hold a Dumble mark and plan to make amps and pedals using said mark. Time will tell how the US side responds and what actions they are able to (or need-to) take.
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

How does that go for EU?
FUCHSAUDIO

Post by FUCHSAUDIO »

I'm not really sure. It can certainly take deep pockets. I own ODS(c) in the USA, owned it for years. In the US, a simple letter to another manufacturer (US based) usually gets things resolved. Most of the time, people don't search uspto.gov before they plaster a name on something. Moss used ODS on some amps before I reached out. So did Quinn...

I recently learned Clean Machine(c) has been used by Seymour Duncan on pickups...now I need to deal with that. Hopefully, and usually, you need not take action beyond asking they stop.

Lesson is: You must do research first before making a product with a name that may not be yours. As the mark-holder, you must police things. In the states, I expect the estate to start cracking down on people making "overdrive specials" and "steel string singers" and maybe their derivatives as well. A favorable and fair arrangement was made regarding Dumble.com as well and nobody sued anybody or got angry. :)

Overseas is the wild wild west. People using 'ODS' and Overdrive Special on pedals and amps and such, and feigning ignorance or simply saying the US mark doesn't matter. A small manufacturer has to decide whether to invest the funds needed to stomp out these roaches. It's like wackamole for trademarks... These guys are scum, and I hope the UK mark is overturned. I don't know how UK marks work relative to EU protection or use honestly...
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

Scurvy dogs, all of 'em!
Charlie Wilson

Post by Charlie Wilson »

Dumble.com
CW
WhopperPlate

Post by WhopperPlate »

Charlie Wilson wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:02 pm Dumble.com
CW
“ In addition to continuing to manufacture and sell DUMBLE® amplifiers, new and exciting product lines and services are in the works... all of which are and will continue to honor the legacy of Mr. Dumble (albeit in the mysterious “Dumble” fashion).”

Having listened to all of the guitar wank pod casts …Wasn’t it his dying wish to never build another amplifier in in his name or pass along his methods? I smell fish…
Charlie
WhopperPlate

Post by WhopperPlate »

Charlie Wilson wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:02 pm Dumble.com
CW
“Dumble.com is maintained by the successor to Mr. Dumble’s business, who owns all intellectual property rights associated with DUMBLE® amplifiers, including trademarks, schematics and other trade secrets, together with records and databases of all authentic DUMBLE® amplifiers ever in existence sufficient to verify authenticity.”

“Owns” “trade secrets” . :roll:
Charlie
dbharris

Post by dbharris »

We all probably have similar opinions on selling new gear not built by HAD under this trademark...

But I do think it would be a valuable service to verify existing amps and gear assuming proper records really do exist. Sort of a long the lines of Banksy's Pest Control Office.

-Dan
rccolgan

Post by rccolgan »

Found this interesting. Gold Rush Ventures makes me curious too.. can't help but think someone will be cashing in based on the name but I could be wrong about their intentions.
Ryan
https://www.thetonegeek.com/