DUMBLE Trade Mark

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

j0k3335

DUMBLE Trade Mark

Post by j0k3335 »

... and here we go, someone using "directly" the Dumble trademark ( OK, it's for pedals But .. not very elegant and respectful... :oops:

(https://reverb.com/fr/item/59116266-dum ... -worldwide)
ijedouglas

Re: DUMBLE Trade Mark

Post by ijedouglas »

I reported listings to Reverb but I see they are also on eBay.
Ian
dbharris

Post by dbharris »

Saw that and reported as well. Sadly they have already sold over half of them. Imagine someone buying a pedal they think HAD built that winds up being a $400+ variation of a zen drive. A fool and his money....

-Dan
WhopperPlate

Post by WhopperPlate »

This is from the UK…how are trademarks acknowledged internationally ? Isn’t that a sticky territory ?

Edit …yes very sticky territory
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Charlie
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

From the seller,

"Anthony and I appreciate the mail and had high regard for Howard Dumble although since his passing the BPC own the Dumble trademark and are producing high quality boutique product , ie not Chinese low product , this is not unusual when a designer / builder passes as per Ken fisher / Trainwreck etc

Regards

Justin

sales londonvintageguitars"

I replied,

"You will be flamed in all the important forums over this... Not by me personally, but you will meet with opposition. As a cloner myself, I do everything I can to stay away from the trademarks, etc.. Btw, just try to produce something with the Trainwreck name... You will find yourself in a pinch by the family. Yes, I am very aware of how they defend the name. "

His response,

"Anthony thanks and yes am aware whom builds Trainwreck and it is nothing to do with kens family sadley but this is the way things are in the music business , did Jim Dunlop invent the fuzz face , or Wah wah , no they simply own the trademarks as per what BPC has done

Regards

Justin "
"Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned" - Enzo
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

Are they saying they bought the trademark? Or that BPC owns it and gave them permission? I'm confused.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
Smitty

Post by Smitty »

I suspect Dumble trademark piratry will devolve into something like Elvis impersonation or Barbara Streisand drag queens.
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

pompeiisneaks wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:05 am Are they saying they bought the trademark? Or that BPC owns it and gave them permission? I'm confused.

~Phil
I don't know, but I'd like to see proof of that
"Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned" - Enzo
WhopperPlate

Post by WhopperPlate »

I thought Ken Fisher’s family personally gave their blessings to the current train wreck builder. Pretty low for them to make that reference .
3A207C59-A923-479D-BC4C-8C85065D9E7D.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Charlie
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

WhopperPlate wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:03 pm I thought Ken Fisher’s family personally gave their blessings to the current train wreck builder. Pretty low for them to make that reference .
I agree with you about Trainwreck... I was referring to BPC owning Dumble"s trademark. I'd like to see proof of that, not just what a vendor types about it. Searching with google shows zero connection with BPC, British Pedal Company, Dumble or Trademark. So where is the proof?

"This is the way things are in the music business", whatever. A face needs to be punched... taterhead.

I could not help myself and sent further message to the vendor in question...

"Sorry, one last thing... Can you show me proof that BPC (British Pedal Company) owns the trademark rights? As I see it, the UK does not recognize a US trademark and therefore they can tell you what they want and never worry about it. If that is the case, then it is still unethical unless I see proof of your claim that they own it. I do not see how they would be given possession of it. Dumble's wishes were that the company would die with him. Not be passed off across the pond. I am afraid that you have not done your due diligence to search out whether this was true or not and prefer to sit on your hands and take in profit rather than doing the right thing."

Not holding my breath for an answer...
Last edited by dorrisant on Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WhopperPlate

Post by WhopperPlate »

First thing that pops up in a search engine https://trademarks.justia.com/763/66/du ... 66099.html
Charlie
sds1

Post by sds1 »

Yeah I'm sooo sure the Dumble estate licensed the trademark to a PEDAL builder in UK of all things... :roll:

And especially not convicted thieves:
https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/tw ... ic-1907623
Bombacaototal

Post by Bombacaototal »

Don't forget these guys selling a fake Dumble. They claim someone got the trademark and sent this prototype that they will start producing, also in the UK. I think price was around 4k

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cg7M1R7s2gU ... MyMTA2M2Y=
Bombacaototal

Post by Bombacaototal »

Plus this one which looks really fake as well

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgAof4xOvMe ... MyMTA2M2Y=
j0k3335

Post by j0k3335 »

I'm a "basic" guy and for me: "Dumble's wishes were that the company would die with him." That'all

the rest is the struggle of greed against morality and respect. these people make me want to vomit.

look at this :evil: http://britishpedalcompany.com/dumble-pedal-signup/

... I put a comment on their Facebook page ... but anyway ...