DIYLC Building Blocks

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Vertigo

DIYLC Building Blocks

Post by Vertigo »

Would you all find it useful to have some building blocks available for making layouts in DIYLC?

I've been looking at the ODS platform as being somewhat modular with the layout of the boards being similar amongst the different amps even though the component values are different. It's fairly easy to go through the individual components and tweak the values as necessary.

If you want them, let me know and I'll make a proper post in the Files section and then will setup a Drive share or something so people can download them.

For example, I'm tweaking the layout I made for my 102 to build a new BluesMaster layout and making a new power supply to add an extra node for a loop. It's not a lot of trouble to do a "save as" for the BM, delete the PS and import the new one. I tried to keep as many of the connection eyelets in place as possible so minimal changes are necessary for the wiring. I'm sure that a lot of you can practically build these in your sleep, but I'm finding it useful to go through the process of making layouts so I'm forced to trace the circuits, it helps me make sense of the differing ways the amps are wired up.
Sean Chaney
fred.violleau

Re: DIYLC Building Blocks

Post by fred.violleau »

Hey Sean,

I do like the idea! The process is very similar for me, I spend a lot of time putting together the layout. It is a sort of rehearsal before wiring up the amp. Paying close attention to grounds, components value, signal path etc... I am doing my own board, so I took the time to build a template in illustrator with components at scale so I get a real perspective of the components on the board as well.

It helped me a lot and I saw the time spent on troubleshooting going down significantly.

I have assembled an illustrator file with different ODS boards with and without the FX loop. I may have #102, #183 and #40 setup. I also have separate PS boards for #102 , #183 and one with the FX loop node with different sort of caps.

If someone has some interest in these, let me know and I will put these in a pdf file.

Fred.
BarryW

Post by BarryW »

I'd love to get some building blocks and pieces for DIYLC. I've grabbed some OD and other files from Hoffman. I'm slowly building up my skills on the program, but it's way better than what I was using before.
ijedouglas

Post by ijedouglas »

Vertigo wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:10 am Would you all find it useful to have some building blocks available for making layouts in DIYLC?

I've been looking at the ODS platform as being somewhat modular with the layout of the boards being similar amongst the different amps even though the component values are different. It's fairly easy to go through the individual components and tweak the values as necessary.

If you want them, let me know and I'll make a proper post in the Files section and then will setup a Drive share or something so people can download them.

For example, I'm tweaking the layout I made for my 102 to build a new BluesMaster layout and making a new power supply to add an extra node for a loop. It's not a lot of trouble to do a "save as" for the BM, delete the PS and import the new one. I tried to keep as many of the connection eyelets in place as possible so minimal changes are necessary for the wiring. I'm sure that a lot of you can practically build these in your sleep, but I'm finding it useful to go through the process of making layouts so I'm forced to trace the circuits, it helps me make sense of the differing ways the amps are wired up.
I would definitely be interested. Let me know if you need any help?
Ian
Vertigo

Post by Vertigo »

I'll organize it and will get what I have up on Drive this week.
Sean Chaney
Vertigo

Post by Vertigo »

I've put in what I have so far and can add my layout for #102 after I verify a few things. Please let me know whether or not the link is working for you. I believe you have to have some type of a Google account to make this work. The permissions have been set so people should be able to edit and add things. If this ends up being used frequently, we should come up with a file naming convention and a changelog in the file.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Once I have a few confirmations that this is working for people, I'll start a new thread in the "Files" section
Sean Chaney
ijedouglas

Post by ijedouglas »

Vertigo wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:01 pm I've put in what I have so far and can add my layout for #102 after I verify a few things. Please let me know whether or not the link is working for you. I believe you have to have some type of a Google account to make this work. The permissions have been set so people should be able to edit and add things. If this ends up being used frequently, we should come up with a file naming convention and a changelog in the file.

Once I have a few confirmations that this is working for people, I'll start a new thread in the "Files" section
Link works. Took a quick look at the preamp file and looks good. Thanks
Ian
Guy77

Post by Guy77 »

Vertigo wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:01 pm I've put in what I have so far and can add my layout for #102 after I verify a few things. Please let me know whether or not the link is working for you. I believe you have to have some type of a Google account to make this work. The permissions have been set so people should be able to edit and add things. If this ends up being used frequently, we should come up with a file naming convention and a changelog in the file.

Its working for me too! I can view and download.

Cheers
Guy
fred.violleau

Post by fred.violleau »

Hey guys

I am reviving this thread as I am exploring how to rack ODS preamps.
Any news on sharing DIYLC Files on the amp garage?
Could not find anything yet.
I will start assembling some boards myself, but it would be great if I could fast track the process and share these files along the way.
Looking for your feedback;

Cheers;

Fred.