Fuchs ODS30 footswitch problem

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

gsb

Fuchs ODS30 footswitch problem

Post by gsb »

HI!
I have retubed a Fuchs ODS 30 in mint condition (10 years old ) Amp is working fine .Owner send me footswich -is not work properly (Channel ) -left button ,right button work ok .He said left led do little flickering . Without footswitch amp work normaly .I tested footswitch with digital multimeter and is working fine ,? Thanks for Help .
gsb
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Re: Fuchs ODS30 footswitch problem

Post by pompeiisneaks »

I'd guess just get a separate means of providing 12v (or 5v depending on the relays) to the footswitch and ensure that it's working. The flickering means to me, though, that the contacts on the switches may need cleaning. Intermittent like that implies poor connection. Either that or internal wires are not providing solid connection and need reflow/repair. it's a pretty simple continuity test inside as well between connections to ensure you have good connections.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
gsb

Post by gsb »

Hi !
Friend played a gig ,so Amp was not be me . Today I have checked footswitch ,mid boost works OK -LED is on , OD/Clean -led is on but darker no switching !
Without footswich amp is working ok ,all pull Funktions are OK .When I move the jack i think ist lil bit loose? So i will open the amp and to check voltage .
gsb
gsb

Post by gsb »

Hi !
I have atached picture how the switch is wiring .SW 1 led ist darker ,boost is working normal. Voltages on tip and second ring are 7,93v .I have tested booth switches with signal tester and they are ok :shock: Thanks for any help.
gsb
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gsb

Post by gsb »

Hi !

I have found out what is going on -it was bad led on first switch .I replaced led and now amp is working ok.
gsb
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

Cool, nice find! Knew it couldn't be too complex. I've fixed a few footswitches and they're generally pretty straight forward.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
gsb

Post by gsb »

Hi !
Thanks also an Fuchs Tech Support -very nice guy Rich for some advices for fine tunning the head. :lol:
gsb