Voodoo amps ODS 60

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

groovtubin

Voodoo amps ODS 60

Post by groovtubin »

Dang i love this sound! lol! The Hemi mode is SIIIK!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj2LP-NQIkY

Grt Job Trace!
FUCHSAUDIO

Re: Voodoo amps ODS 60

Post by FUCHSAUDIO »

Unfortunately, he is likely unaware Fuchs owns the ODS trademark. Dropped him a courteous note..nice sounding amp though,

af
Proud holder of US Patent # 7336165.
drew

Post by drew »

He'll probably put your note up on the wall next to the ones he got from Chrysler for "hemi" and from some guy who claims he invented the "heavily tattooed fat guy with a pony tail and a black bowling shirt" look.
FUCHSAUDIO

Post by FUCHSAUDIO »

LOL. Well, you could laugh it off and possibly get away with it if it was another type of product. Dr Z has used car names without issue. Hemi is debatable.
A manufacturer having a TM on ODS as used on guitar amps and then another guy planting it on a guitar amp would likely not hold up if things "got legal". Trace is a friend, I'm betting it won't be a problem.

I'm more surprised I had not heard of his amp and he wasn't aware of our TM. That video is pretty old..
Proud holder of US Patent # 7336165.
Trace

Post by Trace »

FUCHSAUDIO wrote:LOL. Well, you could laugh it off and possibly get away with it if it was another type of product. Dr Z has used car names without issue. Hemi is debatable.
A manufacturer having a TM on ODS as used on guitar amps and then another guy planting it on a guitar amp would likely not hold up if things "got legal". Trace is a friend, I'm betting it won't be a problem.

I'm more surprised I had not heard of his amp and he wasn't aware of our TM. That video is pretty old..
I wasn't aware you had a trademark Andy but as you know we changed the name when you emailed :) Good to see you here Andy! We'll have to catch up sometime soon, time to get the turkey in the oven once the coffee kicks in, Happy Thanksgiving!

Hemi is a trademark in the automotive industry but it is not trademarked in the music industry therefore there are no issues with trademark infringement in the guitar amp world.

Have a toneful day!
Trace
Trace

Post by Trace »

groovtubin wrote:Dang i love this sound! lol! The Hemi mode is SIIIK!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj2LP-NQIkY

Grt Job Trace!
Thank you for the kind words & I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's a fair bit different than the a Dumble & the power supply is all together different but I'm glad you like the tone.

Have a great Thanksgiving!!
Trace