Two rock custom reverb sig sounds and guts

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

erwin_ve

Re: Two rock custom reverb sig sounds and guts

Post by erwin_ve »

Wicked.quick.18 wrote:Can this be built with out the switches and overdrive?
:shock: plz take a look here: http://www.freewebs.com/valvewizard/
Wicked.quick.18

Post by Wicked.quick.18 »

Why there I want me to buy a book. I was just meaning build the two rock bypassing all the gain and switchs then add that all later if I wanted. My question was can that be done
erwin_ve

Post by erwin_ve »

Wicked.quick.18 wrote:Why there I want me to buy a book. I was just meaning build the two rock bypassing all the gain and switchs then add that all later if I wanted. My question was can that be done
Off course it can be done, but adding it later is a pita and I'm sure you don't want that. Anyway asking such a question is revealing you don't understand what's going on in a tube amp. That's why I put the link up; it has great free information on all kind of things on tube amps.
Wicked.quick.18

Ok sorry my mistake. Ya I'm not sure on what going on in a tube amp yet but will browse that site to fill me in. Right now id like the basic clean sound from the two rock with reverb. I had a two rock and know what I like from it and never really used the switches or od channel. I guessing just bypass the switchs and don't install the rely boards but wire the tubes up and the main board this way I would just add one the switchs and relays when I want.
Noel Grassy

Post by Noel Grassy »

talbany wrote:Paisley
I personally don't take any interest in any of the 2 Rock products however thanks for taking all the time to document the amp and post your findings here.

All The Best!!

Tony
I'm with talbany re: Two Rock products. They remind me of finding an amp I'd previously done work in and being appalled by my own work. But
these folks have made a successful company doing this level of workmanship and apparently people do like their products. Thank you for documenting the amp!

Noel Grassy
All excellent things are as difficult as they are rare__B Spinoza
FUCHSAUDIO

Post by FUCHSAUDIO »

Since they are a privately held company we don't know how "successful" they may be. Not to say they aren't, but it's not something easily verified, and what really constitutes "successful" ? Granted, many people do seem to like them, but many Two-Rock players (both professional and amateur) do seem to use them as clean amps with pedals FWIW.
Proud holder of US Patent # 7336165.
exocet

Post by exocet »

FUCHSAUDIO wrote:Since they are a privately held company we don't know how "successful" they may be. Not to say they aren't, but it's not something easily verified, and what really constitutes "successful" ? Granted, many people do seem to like them, but many Two-Rock players (both professional and amateur) do seem to use them as clean amps with pedals FWIW.
Some even "stack" overdrive pedals together. I always wondered.why you'd want to do that....or rather if you are going to do it, why use an expensive amp.
ToneMerc

Post by ToneMerc »

Wicked.quick.18 wrote:Ok sorry my mistake. Ya I'm not sure on what going on in a tube amp yet but will browse that site to fill me in. Right now id like the basic clean sound from the two rock with reverb. I had a two rock and know what I like from it and never really used the switches or od channel. I guessing just bypass the switchs and don't install the rely boards but wire the tubes up and the main board this way I would just add one the switchs and relays when I want.
Wicked.quick.18 wrote:I have revered designed the two rock crs , dr.zstang ray and the mazerati and ghia. Plenty of people build these amp with my layouts. I never had any issues.
You should be able to answer your own question then...........

TM
Wicked.quick.18

You would think so. Whays the best place to start other than that page?
brentm

Post by brentm »

FUCHSAUDIO wrote:Since they are a privately held company we don't know how "successful" they may be. Not to say they aren't, but it's not something easily verified, and what really constitutes "successful" ? Granted, many people do seem to like them, but many Two-Rock players (both professional and amateur) do seem to use them as clean amps with pedals FWIW.
Good question and statement. But Joe is semi-retired, and they were acquired for some amount of money. Hopefully, it wasn't a fire sale. But in business acqusitions like these, as I'm sure you know better than me, PBG bought a name brand and endorsements (e.g. goodwill).

I do admire Joe and Bill for what they've done. Joe ended his working career on a high note. Coming from an electronics repair shop into this business. Bill continues to do what he appears to love doing. Having some very successful artist endorsements, and relationships, etc. I give them the thumbs up on success.

In the end, I define success as doing what you love to do. If you're doing that, you're mostly successful. Money is always a bonus, but even breaking even and having enough to pay the light bill might even fall into the success catagory.
FUCHSAUDIO

Post by FUCHSAUDIO »

When I spoke with Bill at the last NAMM show, he seemed happy and pleased with whatever deal he got. I guess that's win-win.
Proud holder of US Patent # 7336165.
paisley_tele

Post by paisley_tele »

All dOne go buy Ur own two rock and I'll stick will
Two rock. So I all the pics and most info to cause I don't need the crap of the member on here steal a
Great amp. It's good enuff for Mayer and gales
U guys just suck . The fucj machine sound terrible , dumble is well a glorified fender witch I hate anyway so stick it. Two rock rocks
rogb

Post by rogb »

Last edited by rogb on Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paisley_tele

Post by paisley_tele »

Nope just y speak good English when half the us don't understand it anyway. But I'm glad I cheered up your day. And as for #102 he there were 9 pages thanking me for all that info. That would be food enuff to make me happy that I help someone but when people want be d-bags then y help anyone on here. The work I did , the support I gave and te inside info helped some am I right ? Well. Ause of people and there slander screw them they can fork up the money for the amps and do it them selfs. I would bank money of I went and got a SSS people would be begging for the info .... Prove me wrong on that one cause as I se is all guess work on that amp and Mayer two rock. All somedid was breakdown a dumble 10 whatever and not that is the king of all amp. Cause some fat fella in calmly made it. I'm sure if someone worth a brain can come up with something better and to me two rock did. Between there crs and Mayer amps I rather have them than one or HAD amp. Srv prolly played them on gig or twit Jen had to. Be fix so know two rock for sloppy work but they seem to hold up better. There's master minds that can out do a dumble amp the holy grail my a@@. Fender blows but if dr.z but his mind to work and step outta the el84 world other that the couple 6v6and 6l6 and kt66 he would smoke a dumble overdrive steel sting slinger p.o.s. it's outrageous the price of them for a bunch of 1.00 parts. Ur paying for a name that's why most people are one here to clone his half a@@ work and do it right. Like mfolwer. He did a nice amp I seen along with countless other. Take a s@@tty design and make it better Anit that true. Who agrees that when Leo fender pass or have up fender there amps went to crap and long with the rest all pcb board junk. Tone is how someone plays and the amp shows its a dumble ain't gonna make u sound like larry or srv. I play like crap but it's a nice hobby to build a amp , pedal what ever. So still knock two rock for what ever they might have done and pride mr. Dumble for nothing ....... I await some good
Feed back. And ya kinds hard to type on a iPhone with spell check.
rogb

Post by rogb »

don't feed the trolls
Last edited by rogb on Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.