Two rock custom reverb sig sounds and guts

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

paisley_tele

Two rock custom reverb sig sounds and guts

Post by paisley_tele »

Deleted
Last edited by paisley_tele on Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
hitchcaster

Re: Two rock custom reverb sig sounds and guts

Post by hitchcaster »

the basic custom is documented somewhere here... so it should be the same values.. and its just a clone of kimocks 70's dumble so his is a variation on the 70's dumbles that have been documented as well.. but they added their version of an effects loop and the reverb.... the "sig" part is for extra time spent on cherry picking tolerance values.. AFAIK.. if you really like the amp that bad you should have one to compare it too so you can go back and forth till you "beat it"..
paisley_tele

Post by paisley_tele »

It's not that I like the amp that bad it's the price tag. I can built one cheaper
hitchcaster

Post by hitchcaster »

but the time spent in reverse eng an amp is going to be more then you expect, in my experience... so its a good idea to make sure the amp really is the amp for you your going for... plus it won't have any resale value... so if you have the ability to buy the amp used, and gig it and whatnot.. then you could resell it later if you don't like it or build a better one.. doing the paint by numbers builds that most people are doing is alot easier tho if you just want a "good dumble"... you might not miss the reverb anyways and you could mod it if you weren't happy to the other models
paisley_tele

Post by paisley_tele »

Looking for that Mayer tone. Everyone says it's the amp. Not a fan of newer fenders. I like the el84 for a tele but then there's a cool sound of the d sytle amps. I want the reverb and the cleans plus the od. I cloned the z mazerati and stingrays so far and built them too my liking adding boosts and verb. This would be my 6 th build.
boldaslove6789

Post by boldaslove6789 »

If you want the Mayer tone buy a Classic reverb not a CRS. The Mayer amp is a single channel clean amp, IMO the Classic reverb (100w) is the closest thing to the Mayer sig. amp. Plus you may be able to get one cheaper than the CRS.
paisley_tele

Post by paisley_tele »

Bought a crs opened it up and see very nice and tight wiring but black goop over the preamp part of the board
wjdunham

Post by wjdunham »

Where do you live, I'm sure you could find someone here who will help you de-goop it, take some photos, and put it all back together :-)
Bill
paisley_tele

Post by paisley_tele »

How do u de goop it? I will post pics soon
paisley_tele

Post by paisley_tele »

Gone
Last edited by paisley_tele on Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
dogears

Post by dogears »

Why bother?

The Sig V1 was a standard non HRM 101 type amp. 220/150K plate loads. 1uf on V1B to thin things out. 470pf snubbers. .02uf cap on V1B ( not the standard .05uf). Lastly, the OD network was a 220K into a 25K trimmer with a 24K tail. This yields a total load of 269K and not 320K like Dumble used. This again makes for less bass compared to the real deal.

Trend is 3 things all making less bass. 1uf cap on V1b, .02uf coupler on V1b, and the lower impedence network.

Also makes it brighter, so 470pf snubbers to keep things smooth on top.
Structo

Post by Structo »

Where is the goop?
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
paisley_tele

Post by paisley_tele »

At the top of the picture see next to the orange drops the woodgrain board. Between the two woodgrain board there is black goop holding them both together.
Structo

Post by Structo »

Ah, a goop sandwich.

Clever.

They wouldn't want anybody to clone their clone now would they?
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
paisley_tele

Post by paisley_tele »

What layout is close to this amp.