Dumbleland 300SL on reverb

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

rootz

Dumbleland 300SL on reverb

Post by rootz »

Just slightly outside my budget range, so I let this one for you guys.

However, these rarely come up on reverb, let alone we can see a bit of the layout of the amp. I think it has been discussed before. At least I remember a lengthy discussion about the transformers. One of the pictures shows a relatively clear presentation of the top of the chassis, with the tube designations, where the bolts are, etc. The layout is very reminiscent of that of the SSS#005. Looks like a board for the preamp and filter/reverb recovery. Both 7025 tubes. Board laid out around the tube sockets. On the back side of the top we see a 12at7 (I suppose) as reverb driver, next a 12au7 (phase inverter) and dual 12bh7 tubes (probably paralleled driver triodes).

Those transformers are from an SVT, aren't they? I wonder if Dumble wired in the dual primaries from the PT: plates on 660V, screens on 345V? I don't know, has that been discussed before?

Anyway, leaving all pictures from the ad of the amp here, we might learn something new from them!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dbharris

Re: Dumbleland 300SL on reverb

Post by dbharris »

Very cool, thanks for posting Rootz!

-Dan