Piher resistors sets and spares

List tube amp related items you wish to sell or trade. Private sales only. No dealers or manufactures.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

FranciscoPerez

Piher resistors sets and spares

Post by FranciscoPerez »

Hi everyone.
I own a large stock of pihers resistors from the 60's and 70s, more than 30.000 pieces, most if not all common values in 1/2w and 1w available.
Would love to sell some spares or amplifier sets to forum members replicating or restoring vintage european amplifiers of this era.
I've sold over 5000 resistors already, all over the world, and I offer really competitive prices.

Do not hesitate to message me if interested.
A typical marshall set, for instance, goes around 60eur + shipping
Payment via Paypal is preferred.

Shipping worldwide from Spain is very reasonable, tracked. From 7 eur to 15eur. Shipped a lot to USA or Australia, and it goes around 10eur, and arrives as quickly as those orders shipped to Europe. European shipments are around 7eur.

Thank you,
Fran
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ijedouglas

Re: Piher resistors sets and spares

Post by ijedouglas »

FranciscoPerez wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:46 am Do not hesitate to message me if interested.
I didn't hesitate but no response yet....
Ian
FranciscoPerez

Post by FranciscoPerez »

Sorry Ian. Did not get an email notification . Another buyer told me about your message. I will contact you now privately
GAStan

Post by GAStan »

ijedouglas wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:07 am
FranciscoPerez wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:46 am Do not hesitate to message me if interested.
I didn't hesitate but no response yet....
Ian I found Fran on a Marshall Forum Ad. I'm in the early stages of my first transaction with him but on that forum he has typically replied within an hour, typically less.

To all, check out the thread I posted above and decide for yourself. I'll post the purchasing experience I have with him here when it's complete.
Glenn
ijedouglas

Post by ijedouglas »

FranciscoPerez wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:49 pm Sorry Ian. Did not get an email notification . Another buyer told me about your message. I will contact you now privately
Thanks Fran, I got your message. Unfortunately the email on this forum does not work :(
Ian
FranciscoPerez

Post by FranciscoPerez »

Thank you guys.
GAStan

Post by GAStan »

I received the order of Pihers from Fran a few days ago. The transaction was very smooth. Excellent communication! It took only a few messages to figure out what he had vs what I needed and agree on what would be purchased. The shipment received contained exactly what I was told would be sent. Couldn't ask for anything more.

Thanks Fran!!!
20240417_181659.jpg
20240419_160833.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Glenn
bepone

Post by bepone »

great, is somewhere a list of values?
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

bepone wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:28 am great, is somewhere a list of values?

Take it for granted that he has any Marshall value

and make a list of others that you want. :P you are so lazy BUILD AN AMP
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
bepone

Post by bepone »

Reeltarded wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:21 pm Take it for granted that he has any Marshall value

and make a list of others that you want. :P you are so lazy BUILD AN AMP
yes of course :P today im looking at 2 pcs of accumulated Carslbro EL34's to steal Drake iron from them, what to do? :mrgreen:
+ another Vibroverb/Soldano SLO hybrid 2 channel amp point-to point finished at the table (clean with reverb on one channel, SLO drive on the second)
sorry for OT 8)
FranciscoPerez

Post by FranciscoPerez »

Thank you guys!!
Wow thanks for the nice words Gastan! You did a great job straightening and cleaning them, what is your approach for that? I should maybe do that myself prior to selling them.

Yes I have most common values in 1/2w and lots of values in 1w. If you need a set for a specific amp I can build up a list of resistors for that circuit.

I built an SLO myself not so long ago! Really versatile amp, overdrive channel is a beast, had to tame that channel a little for my taste.

I own quite a lot of vintage European transformers, and tubes, maybe it’s time to build a Marshall replica, if the missus allows… :mrgreen:
GAStan

Post by GAStan »

You're welcome Fran, I tend to "call it as I see it". I much prefer to leave positive comments :D

A bit OT but because you asked:

The cleaning/straightening can be a tedious labor of love. First if the resistor body or leads have adhesive residue I clean with alcohol and a paper towel. Some of these old resistors coatings are adversely affected by the alcohol so care must be taken. Maybe there is a better alternative to alcohol but this is what i use.
Next I straighten the leads as well as I can by hand. Then using a green 3M scrub pad (steel wool would also work great) I clean the oxide from the leads. Then using a flat narrow piece of wood (I was actually taught using a wood pencil) I roll the leads on a hard, flat surface to get the leads very straight. It's a simple technique difficult to put into words. Basically put the lead on the surface with the resistor body hanging off the edge. Put the pencil on top and roll the lead, similar to a baker using a rolling pin on dough. Use some disposable resistors until you get it down. Finish up with a final alcohol cleaning of the leads. Note that you may need to re-tin the leads when you use the components.

Typically I do this to prep a component at the time I actually install it, but it gave me something to keep my hands busy as I watched TV with the wife over a few evenings.
Glenn
FranciscoPerez

Post by FranciscoPerez »

Thank you! I'll definitely give your cleaning/straightening method a go.

Fran