PCB manufacturers

Design and discussion around PCB Design that doens't suck!

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

JJH0906

PCB manufacturers

Post by JJH0906 »

Hey group!

I'm considering doing a design that will use a PCB format and I know there are manufacturers out there who will take in a design and make a quantity of the design for the customer. The design I'm working on will actually be a bunch of small boards, about 2" wide by 3" long, with about 15 connection points. I need a quantity of 12 but would buy up to 20 if that was a level for a discount.

Does anyone have any suggestions of who they might use for this sort of thing? Also, what software are you using to create your designs? Will a DWG or DXF file be sufficient or is there something better that's easier for the manufacturer to use/import?
erwin_ve

Re: PCB manufacturers

Post by erwin_ve »

Hi, for the tools creating a pcb design look here: https://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=31397
There is one that's is not mentioned and widely used: EasyEda.

Using a pcb manufacturer requires the use of a gerber file. Fe a design can have a top layer, a bottom layer, silkscreen layer etc. Each layer is a separate file. All files for the layers together is the design and zipped and then uploaded to the manufacturer.
A pcb design tool can make this procedure easy, the difficult part is to learn how to use the design software.

Manufacturers: OSH Park, Pcbway, JLCPCB.
JJH0906

Re: PCB manufacturers

Post by JJH0906 »

Thanks for the info, I'll check all that out!