faceplates from PCB

Design and discussion around PCB Design that doens't suck!

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

rccolgan

Re: faceplates from PCB

Post by rccolgan »

Following up here with a recent JLCPCB experience. I ordered a new batch of PCB Faceplates .08mm from JLCPCB and they were absolutely beautiful. Almost no splatter/defects. I did file a complaint with JLCPCB before my latest order so maybe they took action.
Ryan
https://www.thetonegeek.com/
paulwd

Post by paulwd »

Hi there

Love to see some pics thanks

Paul
Gainzilla

Post by Gainzilla »

One quick note here, but I ordered a few test logo badges, and due to some kind of mixup with their checkout flow, I had to re-do my cart like 3 different times. The last time apparently I'd forgotten to check the box that says I don't want their auto-generated project number to appear. So I got like 20 badges with a number on the front. That was a little irritating. Had to place a 2nd order and make sure to check the box. That batch turned out great!
I know it's only rock and roll, but I like it!
intrentnet7

Post by intrentnet7 »

T Wilcox wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:36 pm
I've only ordered 1.6mm but its good to know they do .8mm as they were on the thick side. I started using IND COM for faceplates for better color options (brushed aluminum, multiple colors, etc) but still design PCB's often
On the faceplates I've ordered I've been lucky and they all turned out clean but have noticed some of the mask splattered on some of the PCB's I've done but it didnt bother me since they were going inside the enclosure. On a faceplate it would have been
On the JLPcb facebook group I follow I have seen others mention this problem but not sure what JLPCB has done to resolve it
I'd definitely bring it to their attention
Sorry to resurrect this thread but what is IND COM? I've been googling and found nothing. Do you have a link?
really good at starting projects. not so good at fin...
T Wilcox

Post by T Wilcox »

IND COM graphics is where I have my non PCB faceplates printed
https://indcom.graphics/
intrentnet7

Post by intrentnet7 »

Thank you!
really good at starting projects. not so good at fin...