Did K.F. use Mercury Mag?

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Lousyatit

Did K.F. use Mercury Mag?

Post by Lousyatit »

Is there any evidence that Mr.Fischer used Mercury Magnetics trannies in his later builds?
doctord02

Re: Did K.F. use Mercury Mag?

Post by doctord02 »

Kinda doubtful, tho it's possible he might have asked them to build a few to test. Kenny designed transformers for Dr Z, and for the Komets, so there's no telling who might have bid on the jobs at one time or another.

As far as I know the only certian suppliers were Pacific and Heyboer. He also used some off the shelf Stancor output transformers.
Ampsterdoom

Post by Ampsterdoom »

Lousyatit wrote:Is there any evidence that Mr.Fischer used Mercury Magnetics trannies in his later builds?
Talk to Patrick at Mercury Magnetics... he has many great Ken Fisher stories.

No doubt KF & MM partnered at various points.

Dr. Doom
Show Me
Mark

Post by Mark »

Are there any stories that are repeatable?
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott
BJF

Post by BJF »

Hi,

Ken had many stories on what transformers he used, while none that I can relate.

For the record I use Mercury Magnetics because they make fine transformers period.

If you tell MM what you want I'd be certain they could make that, but like any good swiss bank they won't tell you what manufacturer X used on model Y

Have fun
BJ
martins3325

Post by martins3325 »

BJF wrote:Hi,

Ken had many stories on what transformers he used, while none that I can relate.

For the record I use Mercury Magnetics because they make fine transformers period.

If you tell MM what you want I'd be certain they could make that, but like any good swiss bank they won't tell you what manufacturer X used on model Y

Have fun
BJ
Hi..I assume you are Bjorn of Mad Professor...very cool to have you here!!! Didnt realize you were a member. I have heard amazing things about your amps..unfortunately they are very expensive here in the States..presumably due in part to the weak US dollar..but in any event they look absolutely beautiful and appear to have the highest level of craftmanship. I am not an amp builder but love amps and come here to try to learn through asmosis more or less. There really are some pretty brilliant amp guys on this board --of course im not one even remotely-- Anyway..great to have another builder of your stature here. Wouldn't of thought being in Sweden you'd of known Ken..but its a global economy now...so its a much smaller world. I know a guy with a MP for sale ...wanted to try it..but at what he was asking for it..I figured Id better not even hear it...or else If it was as great as I hear I might end up having to sell stuff I dont really want to..lol