happy

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

HeeBGB
Site Admin

Re: Garlin Apologizes

Post by HeeBGB »

Glenn Kuykendall is already a memeber here. He owns several real Wrecks and knew Kenny AND is a pro player with great credentials. He is also MUCH classier than you and one of the nicest guys I have ever met. Did I mention the real burst he owns? So as you can see we have our resident wreck owner slot filled.

garlin wrote:Sincere apology to all who felt insulted by my statements. I did not mean to insult anyone except those that personally insulted me. i thought I had limited my criticism to sound. I will limit my opinion by posting clips and videos of my sounds for you to criticize. I am confident that I can be a major contributor in this regard because I am one of the few who has owned a real Express and Liverpool for 13 years and I knew Kenny Fischer and I know what he thought about tone etc. Am I being arrogant? If you are jealous that I own two Trainwrecks then you would say yes. I am stating a fact. How many out there have extensive experience with the real thing? There can't be that many and maybe we shouldn't apologize for believing that we can trust our opinion to have value. I do not apologize for having confidence in my own opinion, I earned it. Am I being arrogant? If you think so - deal with it. Playing guitar through an amp is all the talking I'm going to try to do. For those of you can't wait so you call it crap - I know you don't know so it doesn't bother me. This is just my OPINION. Are there reasons why an opinion has some value, less value, no value? The way it's going the dominant opinion is that everything everybody does is awesome! This is simply not true or possible. I deliberately have sharp elbows, it's on purpose.
Sincerly,
Garlin
M Fowler

Re: Re: Garlin Apologizes

Post by M Fowler »

Garlin there is nothing wrong with giving an opinion and with your experience with recording, amps and guitars as well probably many other hobbies shows you would be a beneficial asset for any contribution.

We all have to bite our bottom lip once in a while when reading some of the posts :lol:

Mark
ToneMerc

Post by ToneMerc »

I for one wasn't offended, but actually found your behavior quite sad for supposely a grown mature adult. Even offering an apology you still don't get it, you still find a way be condescending. A simple apology was beyond your being. You seem to think that you deserve some sort of demigod status here just because you own two original Trainwrecks and knew Mr Ken. I bet Ken would actually be embarrassed to see you use his life's work as an elitist tool.

I have news for you, it's just a guitar amp, that's all. You put your pants on just like any other man here and one doesn't have to own a TW or Dumble around these parts to have worth on this forum. In your own little micro nation mind you might consider yourself King, but in reality on this island, you are just another grain of sand.

So I suggest you either get along or get to stepping.

TM
Scumback Speakers

Post by Scumback Speakers »

+1 on the post above.
Scumback - Guitar Speakers That Kick Ass!
http://youtu.be/u6U30BV2kFM
sales@scumbackspeakers.com
www.scumbackspeakers.com
https://www.facebook.com/scumbackspeakers/
https://www.instagram.com/scumback_speakers/
LeftyStrat
Location: Marietta, SC, but my heart and two of my kids are in Seattle, WA

Post by LeftyStrat »

I will apologize for any comments I made.

I will try to explain what I feel the focus of this board is with five words:

Learn, Teach, Encourage, Discover, Share.

And in all honesty, they all go hand in hand. I've learned more helping people debug a problem than anything else. I've asked stupid questions, and was always rewarded with thoughtful answers.

There is a broad and diverse skill set on here. People who freely share their discoveries. I hate to name anyone, because for the ten I mention, there are another ninety I will leave out.

We have electronics gurus, seriously great amp builders, at least one with a phd in a completely different field, guitarists, record producers (and vampire killers), all willing to help everyone from seasoned vets to first time amp builders. Not by saying "Your effort is flawed" but by saying "Here's some tips on how to improve" or "Not sure what the problem is, but let's collectively solve this problem."

I've learned over the years, regardless of how much knowledge and experience I have accumulated, there always be will some edge case where someone else has experienced and solved a problem I have never seen.

J. Robert Oppenheimer once said "There are children playing in the streets who could solve some of my top problems in physics, because they have modes of sensory perception that I lost long ago."

As soon as anyone of us assume we have reached the plateau of knowledge, we have lost the ability to learn, and have lost our humanity.

I think the most offensive thing you have done is to assume you know more than any other contributors on this board. I assure you that a compassionate and thoughtful community will always be greater than a single individual.
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
Cliff Schecht

Post by Cliff Schecht »

Hehe, this ordeal reminds me of an encounter between my bands bass player (just turned 60!) and drummer (my age, 25). Bass player was in a pissed off mood for whatever reason and just kept saying shit that rubbed everyone the wrong way. I can get over words easily but our drummer and him got into it a few times (verbally). After the last little scuffle whilst we were all setting up I talked Mr. bass player into apologizing to the drummer. His apology went like this, word for word: "Hey man I'm sorry........that you're being a little bitch!". Luckily the drummer just walked away, but we still quote that line to this day.

Our bass player has also been quoted saying "She asked me to give her 12 inches and make it hurt so I fucked her twice and punched her in the face!"

Yeah.. that guy.. He's the one helping me finish my Strat kit. Anywho just thought I would lighten things up a bit :D.

FWIW I can ignore Garlin's BS all day. He reminds me of my advisor, it's not so much that you are wrong as it is that he *knows* he's right, even when he's wrong or making himself look like a fool trying to prove a moot point. And when you've beat a horse dead, he will still keep beating it. Personally I wouldn't feel bad if he (Garlin) was banned but his posts were left up so that people can understand what type of crap we won't/don't tolerate 'round these parts. I know my Trainwreck builds all sound damn fine (and they better, they have some really nice glass in them).
Cliff Schecht - Circuit P.I.
Teleguy61

Post by Teleguy61 »

I'm just impressed that the Trainwreck side now has their very own Tag.
jeff12

Post by jeff12 »

Cliff Schecht wrote: I know my Trainwreck builds all sound damn fine (and they better, they have some really nice glass in them).
I just want to say in my case, until Glen brought his amp for me to hear and talking to him, I thought my amp sounded fine. I had heard lots of youtube clips and purchased Glen's CD and listened to the CD posted in the files page to help me find the sound. I used good quality parts and paid attention to detail. But next to his amp my amp just did not quite make the cut. Why? It sounded good to me( others too), having never heard a real wreck in person. Lots of gain and kind of clean tone too, also not too harsh. But his amp had better clean tone at a higher volume control setting. Found my problem to be improper bias setting due to bad solder joint and improper pot taper on volume control. With that fixed it sounds way better. But had I not gotten the chance to talk with Glen and hear his amp I may have never known I had a problem with my tone. Just saying, I am thankful for the help from this forum to get a good tone from my amps. All of your help... :D To me that is what it is about,
helping each other achieve tone REAL OR CLONE.
Deric

Post by Deric »

Teleguy61 wrote:I'm just impressed that the Trainwreck side now has their very own Tag.
:lol:
Deric®
Zippy

Re: Garlin Apologizes

Post by Zippy »

garlin wrote:Sincere apology...

I did not mean to insult anyone except those that personally insulted me.

Am I being arrogant?

I do not apologize for having confidence in my own opinion, I earned it.

Am I being arrogant?

I deliberately have sharp elbows, it's on purpose.

Sincerly,
Garlin
Wow. If I wasn't insulted by your attitude before, I am now.

Freedom of expression does not mean that one can walk into a party and piss in the punch bowl. Having a substantiated opinion does not give one the right to shove it in everyone's face.

"deliberately sharp elbows" makes me think of some small person in a crowd trying to shove their way to the front just because they think they have some entitlement.

Be well.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

My last response to you is this one. I completely agree with Lefty, emphasizing encourage.

As a professional player, collector, luthier, music producer, and adult 48 year old man, I have found the best way to manipulate greatness out of a thing is to foster an overall sense of wellness and to keep critiques to a minimum.

I could go on and compare your method of ridicule to all that, but I won't break my own rules any farther.

Sincerely, have a good life, and hopefully somewhere else so I don't have to experience your sociopathic garbage.
vibratoking

Post by vibratoking »

I don't know how to logically interpret your apology. I think you would have been better off simply saying "I apologize" and nothing else. With the rest of your 'apology', you managed to offend me once again. It appears you have an ego driven need to tell the rest of the world how significant you are. There was a recent thread here regarding this: http://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19529
The more you struggle to inform us all how signifcant you are, the less likely we are to be convinced and the less likely you are to be satisfied. Just relax. Be someone worth liking and other people will like and respect you.
I do not apologize for having confidence in my own opinion, I earned it. Am I being arrogant?
I don't see any logic that connects earning your own confidence in your own opinion.

And yes, you are being extremely arrogant. It appears that no one thinks more highly of you than you.

BTW, apologizing could have been a good idea, had you really meant it(which I doubt) and had convinced the members of that. But your implementation left a lot to be desired. You really had no other choice, other than walking out the door. I know you don't want to do that because who else is there to impress with your ownership of real Trainwrecks? Don't you see how your ego has damaged the members' view of who you are and destroyed your credibility? Check your ego at the door, there isn't room for it here. Figure out how to EARN the respect of others instead of demanding it based on some material items that you have purchased. The truth is, I could not care less that you own a Trainwreck because I don't respect you. I also don't care about your conversations with Ken, because they come from your viewpoint, and you very recently taught me that I don't respect your viewpoint. If you are going to stay and are allowed to stay, you need to rethink your strategy. Hint, it won't work to remain an egotistical blow-hard trying to impress people with the shallow tactics that you have employed up to now. I suspect that I could have respected the real Garlin, if the facade hadn't been in the way.
UR12

Post by UR12 »

Duplicate post
Last edited by UR12 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UR12

Post by UR12 »

Wow has Gary Moore (mooreamps) got a new handle.

Arrogant
Having or displaying a sense of overbearing self-worth or self-importance. Marked by or arising from a feeling or assumption of one's superiority toward others

Condescending
snobby: behaving toward other people in a way that shows you consider yourself socially or intellectually superior to them

Egotistical
Adjective. Characteristic of those having an inflated idea of their own importance.

Social skills

Ability to communicate, persuade, and interact with other members of the society, without undue conflict or disharmony.

Gary was the worst I have ever seen and it is funny to mention that it looks like both Garlin and Gary are from the Bay Area of CA. No offense intended to the CA residents in that area. (We have our share of nuts here too). I know there are sane people there because I hung out with Dartanion when I visited there. :lol: I'll pass on this one. :roll:

Garlin, You aren't a rocket scientist too are ya?
Colossal

Post by Colossal »

UR12 wrote:Wow has Gary Moore (mooreamps) got a new handle.

Gary was the worst I have ever seen
:lol: Now that's a name I haven't seen in a while. That guy was a real piece of work. You'd have thought he'd invented voltage amplification by the way he spoke about it.