constellation?

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

krash

constellation?

Post by krash »

anyone have a schematic or hints about a komet constellation 30?

otherwise I guess I'll just have to make one up as I go along :)
loverocker

Re: constellation?

Post by loverocker »

I thought that was one that's un-Trainwrecky? :?
in the wilds of Borneo, and the vineyards of Bordeaux, Eskimo, Arapaho, move their bodies to and fro...
HeeBGB
Site Admin

Post by HeeBGB »

As I understand it....The Connie was not designed by KF. Komet did that one in house! It's not on the menu here BTW! :mrgreen:
krash

Post by krash »

yeah ok ... figured as much.

i guess i'll just have to whip up my own 6sn7+ 12ax7 + 4xel84 amp :)
Allynmey
Site Admin

Post by Allynmey »

I imagine you can talk about anything, just don't post pics :lol: Do a hand drawing of you interpetation and post it! Maybe the Hogy Police won't come calling.

Allyn
Check out the pic of my undrilled aluminum box in the self named thread. :lol:

Allynmey
908ssp

Post by 908ssp »

Omar wrote

"I have had several email conversations with forum members in the past about Komets and we all agreed that cloning discussions should be off limits. Whether you agree on the financial impact or not, this is someones livelihood. "
Alex
TheCageWreck and Glaswerks SOD100
Allynmey
Site Admin

Post by Allynmey »

908ssp wrote:Omar wrote

"I have had several email conversations with forum members in the past about Komets and we all agreed that cloning discussions should be off limits. Whether you agree on the financial impact or not, this is someones livelihood. "
Alex, good thing your here or someone might do something crazy like talk amps! :lol: :lol:

Allyn
Allynmey
Site Admin

Post by Allynmey »

Hi all, I have a question about a Komet 60. No, this is not a "cloning" question or a dig on anybody. I noticed that the back panel has Touch Response TM written on it. Is the phrase "Touch Response" really trademarked by KometAmps? I know how the circuit works and I think I saw the same circuit in an old Garnet amp. Maybe I'm mistaken. I'll have to look it up. The phrase "touch response" is used in the computer industry on hundreds of items and other places. Is it possible to Trademark such a common phrase? Does anyone here know how to look up a Trademark? just askin'...no ill will!

Allynmey
MooreCowbelle

Post by MooreCowbelle »

Allyn,
Google and the US Government are your friends: start here: http://www.uspto.gov/main/trademarks.htm
MooreCowbelle

Post by MooreCowbelle »

According to TESS, there are two claims on the term "Touch Response", both of them cancelled/dead. Niether have to do with Komet amps, I suspect.
Allynmey
Site Admin

Post by Allynmey »

I checked also. Hmmmm....that is strange. I know it is a basic switch on a split plate load and that's it but, why would they write TM after Touch response on the faceplate? Just wondering...no flame please!

Allyn
Normster

Post by Normster »

Allynmey wrote:I checked also. Hmmmm....that is strange. I know it is a basic switch on a split plate load and that's it but, why would they write TM after Touch response on the faceplate? Just wondering...no flame please!

Allyn
Per the Gov't site listed above...
When can I use the trademark symbols TM, SM and ®?

Any time you claim rights in a mark, you may use the "TM" (trademark) or "SM" (service mark) designation to alert the public to your claim, regardless of whether you have filed an application with the USPTO. However, you may use the federal registration symbol "®" only after the USPTO actually registers a mark, and not while an application is pending. Also, you may use the registration symbol with the mark only on or in connection with the goods and/or services listed in the federal trademark registration.
Allynmey
Site Admin

Post by Allynmey »

wow! I know Randall Smith tries to Patent everything and nothing is enforceable but, did Komet really try or apply to try to patent a SPDT Switch? :shock: Just interested to know. I didn't see his application listed in the search.

Allyn
MooreCowbelle

Post by MooreCowbelle »

No patents here, just a trademark claim on a name - related but different.
krash

Post by krash »

I really didn't mean to stir a controversy. I am not a potential customer for a Komet amp (simply way over my budget) and I am also not going to clone a Komet amp or any other amp for that matter. The fact is that I almost never like any amp off the shelf so even "authentic" amps I have get cracked opened and changed into something else.

I was mostly just interested to see how the Constellation works, because it seems like a very interesting amp. I would have rolled my own anyway, but figured looking at how someone else did it successfully would be a great benefit. It's not as if there's not information about design details of hundreds of great amps floating out on the web. This just happens to be one of them for which little detailed technical information exists.