KF Memorial Amp Clips

Express, Liverpool, Rocket, Dirty Little Monster, etc.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

LeftyStrat
Location: Marietta, SC, but my heart and two of my kids are in Seattle, WA

Re: KF Memorial Amp Clips

Post by LeftyStrat »

Great playing Glen.

Clip three just completely does it for me. I've played strats since I was fourteen, when my parents bought me a new lefty strat for Christmas (1973, one of only three made that year, and it is still my main guitar). But man, I need to get a Les Paul.

Anyone know where I can pick up a left-handed 59 Les Paul for cheap?

:shock:
bigtone96

Post by bigtone96 »

Glen, as always, the playing is fantastic. The tone is also great, that amp sounds alot like your express. I do have a question. What type pickups are in your strat? Reason I ask, I built an express clone. I can definitely pick out some similarities between your 'wreck and my clone, however I really only get that kind of gain with my Les Paul, with my strats, with mostly stock pickups, the tone is nice but I dont have quite the gain that you do with your strat. Again, fine job!
novosibir

Post by novosibir »

skyboltone wrote:Hey Larry, he's got a CD available playing the original Express. Check out some of the older threads in the forsale section. He's helping us........tit for tat eh?
Thanks skyboltone! I'll go and check it out!

Larry

EDIT: It's done! I've buyed it now and I'm already very curious hearing the CD :D
Larry's Website now with included Pix's Gallery
geetarpicker

Post by geetarpicker »

Fralin vintage hots sound great in a strat. I have them in my Callaham and also in my beer budget JV mexican Strat. For some reason they kind of have a PAF mid bite to them, which is very cool.
bigtone96

Post by bigtone96 »

Do your Fralins have the bass plate installed? How do weaker single coils sound in your express?
geetarpicker

Post by geetarpicker »

I am 99% sure I have a bass plate on the bridge pickup, but not on the rest. I'm pretty sure both the strat clips I did of the Ken amp were with the 2 pickup aka "in between" positions.
juse

Post by juse »

UR12 wrote:Guys
We have had a couple of technical difficulties with the ampbuildersguild website. I think the powers that be are working on getting it back up.
If you don't mind my asking, what are the technical difficulties with the amp guild website? Is it something we (maybe I) can help with?
UR12

Post by UR12 »

juse wrote:
We have had a couple of technical difficulties with the ampbuildersguild website. I think the powers that be are working on getting it back up.
If you don't mind my asking, what are the technical difficulties with the amp guild website? Is it something we (maybe I) can help with?
The hosting company appears to have gone out of business. Allyn now has it setup with a different company. They are working on getting it back up on the new server and that's all I know
juse

Post by juse »

UR12 wrote: The hosting company appears to have gone out of business. Allyn now has it setup with a different company. They are working on getting it back up on the new server and that's all I know
Gotcha. Just wanted to check & see if I could help out somehow. I actually downloaded the ampbuilders guild pages for offline reference the day before I joined this forum, so I have a copy of what was out there if they are needed.
Allynmey
Site Admin

Post by Allynmey »

Actually, the hosting company had a server blow up on them. The site is backed up but, we were thinking of using this time to make a new site for the Guild. The KF story was a current edition story. It will be archived and the site will be a online amp magazine of sorts with reviews tech tips, stories, schematics, and projects. Should be fun. :D
Noel Grassy

Post by Noel Grassy »

Great work on that amp by the way! The site sounds like a great idea. Do you have anymore monumental builds planned for the future? You know we gobble this stuff up!! :lol:
All excellent things are as difficult as they are rare__B Spinoza
NitroLiq

Post by NitroLiq »

UR12 wrote:
juse wrote:
The hosting company appears to have gone out of business. Allyn now has it setup with a different company. They are working on getting it back up on the new server and that's all I know
The site's back up.

http://ampbuildersguild.com/